Mold Sensitivies/Infoamnation anyone?

Old 11-06-2017, 03:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Mold Sensitivies/Infoamnation anyone?

Each apartment I move to has water damage and mold in it. And I get very, very sick. Right now my stomach is so swollen I look pregnant. My fingers are swollen and my knuckles are painful. I had a very very traumatic experience seven years ago that changed my body and my family at that time rejected me. I am basically alone.

I don't know if this is about loneliness or shame or rejection or abandonment or just the plain old trauma my brain endured. Speak up for a very long time and tell everybody what happens. Not that a lot of people don't already know, but I still feel I have to say what was done to me and name certain people.

Coffee and cigarettes to stuff my feelings and numb out. I am extremely angry hurt and sad, and I have a lot of great grieving to do and losses to process. It will be almost humanly impossible and I am afraid of feeling my feelings.

Does anybody be late to this and if so do you have any instinctive thoughts about what could be causing this or how to heal .
Old 11-06-2017, 04:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

WMJ, I have no experience with mold. I do have experience with allowing my ACoA issues to interfere with my taking care of my own needs. My suggestion is that you go visit the closest doctor or Urgent Care and ask those people who know about these things to give you some direction.

Mike
Moderator, SR
Old 11-07-2017, 03:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DesertEyes View Post
WMJ, I have no experience with mold. I do have experience with allowing my ACoA issues to interfere with my taking care of my own needs. My suggestion is that you go visit the closest doctor or Urgent Care and ask those people who know about these things to give you some direction.

Mike
Moderator, SR
Hi Mike,
Welcome back.
Doctor's are limited so I look for the spiritual solution instead, so I don't have to go backwards in being dependent on crazy/sick people in the health field.
God gave me a program of recovery, and that is much different than what I did before.p, which never ever worked for me.
I vote for trusting myself, and my HP even more.
Old 01-05-2018, 09:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Moldy Home

I had to move out of an apartment due to toxic mold. I live in a city where most buildings have water damage due to hurricanes. I found an apartment in a building constructed of stone. There are some building materials where it is hard for mold to grow on. You could google it. Also, I was having issues with depression while living there and read online that this is common because mold affects the brain. Depression and fatigue and breathing difficulties greatly improved when I moved. Hope you can find a better place to live. Sorry you are going through this. I know how sick mold can make a person.

QUOTE=WMJ1012;6664231]Hi Mike,
Welcome back.
Doctor's are limited so I look for the spiritual solution instead, so I don't have to go backwards in being dependent on crazy/sick people in the health field.
God gave me a program of recovery, and that is much different than what I did before.p, which never ever worked for me.
I vote for trusting myself, and my HP even more.[/QUOTE]
Old 01-05-2018, 09:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks. Cottontop. Did your depression leave once you left? Because I’m wondering if depression doesn’t cause us to be sensitive in the first place. I have been told that. I wonder if it’s something about stuffing unresolved stuff.
Thanks.

Originally Posted by Cottontop1 View Post
I had to move out of an apartment due to toxic mold. I live in a city where most buildings have water damage due to hurricanes. I found an apartment in a building constructed of stone. There are some building materials where it is hard for mold to grow on. You could google it. Also, I was having issues with depression while living there and read online that this is common because mold affects the brain. Depression and fatigue and breathing difficulties greatly improved when I moved. Hope you can find a better place to live. Sorry you are going through this. I know how sick mold can make a person.

QUOTE=WMJ1012;6664231]Hi Mike,
Welcome back.
I vote for trusting myself, and my HP even more.
[/QUOTE]