day 6 sober/smoke free

Old 11-05-2017, 06:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 6 sober/smoke free

Went to a play with some family last night. A sister in-law was there, she loves to party. Also, my Hawkeyes won big time. Would love to be at the bar sharing the good vibes. Today, I have a lot of thirsty yard work to do plus my wife has been especially annoying. I've been triggering like crazy but will wake up to day 7 tomorrow sober/smoke free.
Old 11-05-2017, 07:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Celandra1, day 6 sober/smoke free is , congratulations, rootin for ya.
Old 11-05-2017, 08:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well done on day 6, celandra! Just want to add that that part of you that wants to be at the bar sharing the good vibes, is fine, so long as sharing the good vibes doesn't mean partaking in drinking alcohol. If it does, it's that addicted part of you, not the real you.

I'm a couple of days short of one year and two months and please believe me, it gets so much easier and really, effortless. I can now go to concerts, bars, party's, where alcohol is available, but I don't drink and enjoy a fantastic time, because the alcohol only ever really took away, didn't add. How can it add, when I was nearing a stupor, senses shutting down. I love clarity!
Old 11-10-2017, 11:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Congrats on 11 days. There is a great music bar in town here that serves dinner beforehand. Many of the people do dinner with a drink and then just enjoy the music without drinks in hand. Very few “drunk”people there at all. Dinner isn’t required so it’s a place that was safe for me in early recovery. I still go there for the great bands and recommend it at SMART meetings when newcomers feel they are missing out of the music and dance scene. We’re very lucky to have the SoHo
Old 11-10-2017, 03:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks but I slipped on day 8, today is day 3 again. However, I'm in a pretty good place, going out with some sober family tomorrow.