Check in. How are you today?

Old 11-04-2017, 08:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I've gone through a wide range of emotions today. Ending on a good note.

Installed 3 different bottle flip apps to play.

There's a bunch of snow outside. I'm listening to Christmas music... determined to celebrate early and strong this year ...for me, for DS10.

Jumping in with a quick, easy transition from Halloween straight to winter holidays. Call me crazy. It's definitely something different for me.

How are you doing today?

(((Hugs)))
Old 11-05-2017, 01:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Happy to hear you are ringing in the festive holidays! No snow here but feeling festive as well with the chilly weather and the holidays fast approaching.

Today was challenging and my story repeated itself as it does. Ready to take another opportunity to change my life and run with it. I hope I can for real this time. Big hugs back!!
Old 11-05-2017, 04:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
"O you must wear your rue with difference".

It's good to hear you have plans. I don't know how I'm supposed to spend the festive season. I wonder if I'm just going to be wearing socks in front of the TV. I might try to ignore it altogether.
Old 11-05-2017, 05:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Feeling a bit sad today - the weather is warm again - not feeling too festive

Invited people over for Thanksgiving - another single mom, her daughter and her mom. Should be fun

XAH insists on spending holidays with DS and myself and already told DS that - trying to navigate and see what it is going to look like.
Old 11-05-2017, 05:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Today I am a little anxious but I think that comes with my current territory. My husband is at a far-away rehab and got phone privileges back last week so I am privy to a lot of the thought processes and daily goings-on. None of it is bad; it's just a little scary, I guess. It is also time to start preparing for his return home, which will be the day after Thanksgiving. He has made some requests in terms of removing triggers that I need to make sure are handled and then just some other stuff, all totally reasonable. It's going to be weird to have him back after being gone for 2 months. Things, well, they are different around here now.
Old 11-05-2017, 07:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Overwhelmed... and then bring it back to the basics, to the small things, and then I find balance again.
Old 11-05-2017, 08:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

KTF,
I love your idea of extra Christmas time and rolling into the Holidays with cheer. I don't think it's crazy at all! Time to enjoy the season with DS without any oppression.

I'm feeling anxiety as I enter the week. One day at a time. Today was a rough day mentally and emotionally. H is acting as if this am's blow up never happened..eye roll... I got to see a friend which was much needed..didn't really ask just declared I made some plans- that didn't go over so well, but I'm not caring about that lol... Kids had better afternoon- played outside with their neighbor friends, we all played some games after dinner and our bedtime routine was peaceful. I'm a tired mama...

I embrace Monday with open arms lol
Old 11-06-2017, 06:16 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I took the Halloween down yesterday (was out of town for the weekend or would have done it sooner), and am also going to get my Christmas stuff out this weekend! My oldest wanted to do it yesterday, but I was so tired as I did not sleep much over the weekend that I just could not make myself go to the garage and drag it out.

I think getting it going a little early will be good for us this year as well!
Old 11-06-2017, 07:34 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I am a little shaky. I also felt the beginning of a bout of depression, but I think I am managing to stay away from actually slipping in to it by managing my mood. Focusing on things that went right and that I can feel good about. Just trying to remember to just point myself in the right direction, and then just put one foot in front of the other.
Old 11-06-2017, 07:39 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm feeling nervous with the holidays approaching and being single -- but on the flip side, I can attend all the gatherings I want, and not have to monitor/stress about AXB drinking/and if he's been eating anything that day.... and if he'll go to bed that night or disappear out drinking. That part feels great, and I'm reminding myself of the ease of spending time with friends without babysitting anyone.
Old 11-06-2017, 08:40 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I've been sick for 4 days: ears, throat and a bad cough - worst thing about it is I'm supposed to fly to Mexico in 2 days to visit my daughter, her fiance and my sweet little granddaughter. It looks like I'll have to cancel. I can't just lie on her couch and cough and get them all sick. Very disappointing.
Old 11-06-2017, 09:02 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I am so sorry! I hope you feel better soon!

Originally Posted by 53500 View Post
I've been sick for 4 days: ears, throat and a bad cough - worst thing about it is I'm supposed to fly to Mexico in 2 days to visit my daughter, her fiance and my sweet little granddaughter. It looks like I'll have to cancel. I can't just lie on her couch and cough and get them all sick. Very disappointing.
Old 11-06-2017, 12:57 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I had a pretty rough week last week. Spent a lot of time reflecting on the past and how I got here. Grieved a lot for lost time and opportunities. Then had a wonderful weekend reconnecting with old friends that knew me before I dug myself into the current mess.

Today, I got my husbands response to my filing for divorce and he IS claiming support. This is not a surprise, it’s the logical legal move. Nevertheless I AM SO ANGRY!!!’ Grrrrrrrr
Old 11-06-2017, 01:37 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thank you, hopeful!

To everyone with challenges, anxiety...prayers and support, I like to think there is a reason for everything.
Old 11-08-2017, 09:49 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I'm.... feeling.

The good, the bad, the ugly... started the day with joy and that one keeps popping up. As the other feelings come I'm alternating between sitting with them and getting cleaning done. Cleaning house... cleaning out emotions!

Playing upbeat music helps and I just realized I haven't done that yet today.
Old 11-08-2017, 10:27 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I’m feeling...
Joy, fear, panic, optimism, anxiety, loneliness and gratitude.

Emotion indigestion! So sick of the upheaval. I wish I could just FIX me already.

On the other hand, I feel like I live in a whole different universe compared to 6 weeks ago, and that’s a good thing, so I’ll take it. Sometimes it’s hard to maintain perspective.
Old 11-08-2017, 10:40 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

KTF- music and cleaning here too! Trying to stay sane. 2 days to go for me.
All kinds of emotions and thoughts. I am literally just living the day to check it off the calendar at this point, can't wait to be on the other side of this mess and enjoying our quiet new home. I have faith that is will all be worth it
Visited the new house today on the way to work- dropped off some more boxes and random keepsakes. Still do not have a bed and a fridge but if it comes down to "glamping" in the living room for a few days then so be it!

(Glamping = camping + glamour) lol
Old 11-08-2017, 11:59 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Well, my sister died the Sunday before Halloween. It was a horror show and there was booze everywhere and her hospice meds getting swiped and that was not particularly an environment I wanted to be around given my current situation. But she was dying, it was chaos, and I had to step in and take charge. I'm pretty pissed off about that because we knew it was coming and had worked it out that another sister was taking charge since I'm not in any shape to do it. Turns out I did it anyway. At least it's done. I am just now starting to think about it again. Her service is this weekend.

My husband is winding down his time at rehab and it's still very scary for me. I am not sure what my role is supposed to be. We have been talking a lot. It's not bad at all other than scary.

I went to Al Anon last night and it was OK but I need to follow my husband's therapist and my therapist's advice and find a different meeting. I still don't really get it, I don't think. I'm not sure what I am supposed to be doing so I just listen.

My husband's therapist sent me some books that I have been reading, albeit slowly. One is about early recovery and the family. One is about grief. One was the AA book. She is very sweet.

I won a prize for a hobby challenge I joined back in January so I took the money and bought shoes that I would normally never pay that kind of money for, ones that will be good for walking, which I will be doing a good bit of coming up soon. Then I bought a new purse because I'm going on a trip soon and need one. I also bought a travel backpack for the same reason, although I probably could have gotten by without the backpack.

My husband sent me a card that arrived the same day I sent him a letter. Very sweet. He told me they had to pick a hero for some exercise they were doing and that it didn't take him 3 seconds to pick me. That was very sweet.

But it is still scary.
Old 11-10-2017, 02:23 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Sad. Happy. Moving forward.

Had a delicious loaded steak sandwich for lunch, on a gluten free bun. Enjoyed every bite.

Emotions still flowing. No rhyme or reason to them, yet good emotions are staying around longer and longer.
Old 11-10-2017, 10:12 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

My husband is back on a bender. Yesterday he said he was going to make dinner for me to make up for his behavior the night before. He told me he wanted me to just sit and relax and let him do it. Fine, b/c I am feeling like I'm getting sick anyways. By the time dinner was to be served, he was so f-d up he couldn't serve it, let alone eat it. And in the middle of doing it, out of nowhere, he tells me not to f with him. I got my daughter into bed and in 5 minutes he had stripped down naked and gotten into the bed, was passed out, and had left all the lights on. It was 8:30 pm.

I'm feeling pretty angry, resentful, and exhausted. What I need to do is slap myself across the face and take some action for myself. I need to walk and lose some weight. I need to finish my online school. I need to clean up this financial mess that letting him have control over the money has put us in.