Notices

117 Days and struggling at work to get through the work day

Old 11-01-2017, 09:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question 117 Days and struggling at work to get through the work day

Did anyone have a hard time at work in the beginning? I used to be really on top of things and I feel like I'm way worse. I'm also bored with my work and feel exhausted at my desk. I worked 35 to 40 hours a week. I hope doing the steps will help me.
Old 11-01-2017, 09:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I did, yes. Doing the steps should help, also make sure you are eating well, drinking enough water, and getting some exercise from time to time. I work at a desk too and find it very helpful to get up and take a walk at least once a day, and get away from the screen for a while. Staring at a computer can really be draining.
Old 11-01-2017, 10:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Very same experience here at a desk all day and pretty bored. Day 16 today... by this time, I get a lot more clarity and start questioning WHY do I sit at this desk all day...

Still struggle to get through days at this point. Keep it going.
Old 11-01-2017, 10:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Work was awful for me in every way at first...couldn't concentrate, exhausted, bored. On days I happened to feel a little better, well I sure didn't want to be working.

That said....being sober gives you back choices that drinking took away. If we stay sober, work on sobriety/program and heal...one day we can evaluate ourselves and our goals and make plans for change in all areas of life, including work/career. Sober is the key to all positive change in my life.
Old 11-01-2017, 10:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

And THAT said, I am still looking for where I left my short term memory. Continues to impact effectiveness in my job.