Notices

Does It Ever Get Easier

Old 10-31-2017, 09:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Bulldogs46

Does It Ever Get Easier

I'm truly suffering right now. Just Sunday I found out that my now Ex-boyfriend had moved in with with a recovering addict that he met in rehab a year ago. I thought we were doing well and finally making plans to see one another and see where we stood since he had gotten out of rehab just a month ago after being in for 3 months. The day before he moved in with her, he was still telling me that he loved me more than anything and I was the love of his life. It hurts to know that everything was a lie about how he felt about me and that it was just some game to him. It was almost like he enjoyed hurting me. He didn't have the decency to tell me that he was moving in with her. It hurts to know that he is sharing his life with someone else and telling her the same things that he has told me for the past 5 years. I can not imagine him not being a part of my life anymore. He begged me and begged me to let him come back and live with me, but he continued to still put doubt in my mind because he still spoke of using. I'm lost without him and I love him so very much. I wish all these thoughts, memories, tears, and heartache would just go away. I don't know how I'm going to get through this. It feels like a death to me and there is an empty place in my heart that I feel I will never get back. I feel in my heart that he is gone forever. It hurts to know that she get's the best of him ,now that he is sober and I never had the chance to experience that. I am so broken and it hurts like hell.
Old 10-31-2017, 09:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I know it hurts to feel betrayed. I hope you can move on with your life without his cheating and lying and using. I know it doesn't feel like it now, but you are finally free. Let her have him. He'll use her until she's used up and then cast her aside too.

Your memories of him will fade with time, and yes, it will get easier.

You're better off without him. Like my dad used to tell me: when you're alone, at least you know you're in good company.
Old 10-31-2017, 09:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((((chambersk71)))))) I wish I could give you a big hug right now.

Gosh, this is so tough what you're going through.

We need to focus on you & your healing. You will get through this & even though it doesn't feel like it right now, there are better days ahead.

Truth of the matter is that getting sober is only the start of a long road of recovery & he sounds like much of that path is still ahead of him. Highly unlikely that he can offer the best part of himself to anyone at the moment.

Addicts only have 1 true love, and that is their substance of choice. It takes a long time away from the being under the power of that substance to reverse that.

SR is a great community & there is a section for friends and family of alcoholics that can also offer support too.
Old 11-01-2017, 04:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

yes. it gets easier.

keep going.

Old 11-01-2017, 04:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Yes, it will get easier. Take care of yourself. He is not the same person you remember him to be. Don't romanticize your relationship. It is not there anymore. You need to push forward and open yourself up to someone new in your life. Look to your own future not the past.