At Alanon today...

Old 10-31-2017, 05:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

At Alanon today...

If you've been to an Alanon meeting, please post the topic here and anything you'd like to share.

Please keep in mind that everything shared in meetings and with group members is confidential.

*** Only share your own thoughts, from your own life experiences. ***
Old 10-31-2017, 05:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

At Alanon today, the topic was self-love.

I love myself, without guilt, and am showing that by taking time to enjoy life. I'm feeling kinder and nicer towards myself.

Through therapy I found a deep layer of self-hatred that I was taught by my parents... I had learned it well, without ever knowing it was there. Now that's been dissolved.

Self-love comes in many shapes and forms, big and little... giving myself breathing space to heal, enjoying a cup of tea or coffee, taking a moment to slow down and really be aware of all the good things in my life....
Old 10-31-2017, 08:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I went to my second meeting today. There were more people in attendance, and again everyone was so supportive. It was really amazing.

I was a bit scattered, but one of the readings was about a bird making a nest in your hair and how you could prevent that.

OT - this past week or so, I'm trying to take care of myself. That's what I shared today