Is there hope?

Old 10-27-2017, 09:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Is there hope?

My husband and I have been seperated since July. I actually kicked him out because he has relapsed on crack 5 times within 13 months. We were married in October of last year and he relapsed two weeks later. He decided to go to rehab for 2 months.
I just found out he relapsed last week on pills and crack. He refuses to tell his sponsor and he thinks he will be omay. He isnt attending AA meetings and he isnt telling on himself. This is all going on while he is telling me he loves me and wants to get back together eventuallu.
I have an 8 year old daughter from a previous relationship but my husband who I seperated from has been apart of her life for almost 5 years.
I am lost. I am confused. I will not enable him. I will not sleep with him. I miss him. I want him to get help and get better. I cant seem to move on. I want to olay god or something. I want my marriage to wirk but I know it isnt looking good. I need advice.
Old 10-27-2017, 09:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I am sorry for what you are going through, but you have been separated for half the length of your marriage. It is obvious that he isn't ready to quit. Your focus should be on your daughter and yourself. This isn't any kind of life for an 8 year old little girl.

Please take a step back and consider your priorities. Sending hugs.
Old 10-28-2017, 04:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I just found out he relapsed last week on pills and crack. He refuses to tell his sponsor and he thinks he will be omay. He isnt attending AA meetings and he isnt telling on himself.
He's not making any positive moves to find recovery, this is no life for your child and yourself.

Take care of yourself, this may be painful but living with active addiction is far worse.

Hugs
Old 10-28-2017, 05:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

when we have the tally of the number of relapses in the number of months, something has gone VERY wrong. he relapsed right AFTER got married! he tainted the marital union almost immediately.

your precious 8 year old daughter deserves a drug/addiction free life. as do you. crack has no place in your lives.

he doesn't want help. he'll play on your emotions, say WORDS you want to hear, but he is still an addict, with a pipe glued to his fingers.

please do NOT sleep with him. god knows where he's been and who he's been with.
Old 10-28-2017, 05:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I remember finding preeeetty good evidence that my ex was banging the mail lady, and I just NEEDED to know for a FACT! I NEEDED to know, because then, THEN I could be done! That would be the nail in the coffin!

Why? Why did it matter?

Because addiction had been his mistress all along. He'd chosen addiction over our marriage time and time again.

But he was banging the mail lady.

Not that it mattered.

What I'm trying to say is the betrayal is the same. And it's so sad that we women so often can't see that. It's a common thread on here. Women (sometimes men) have been putting up with their significant other's drug abuse for years and years, and then cheating comes along and then THAT is the final straw? WHY? Look at what their affair with drugs has done to you. Why isn't that enough to leave?

Not judging, because it wasn't enough for me, either. But I say this with total compassion for you and my former self:

It's enough.

Get your kids safe.

Blessings
Old 10-30-2017, 09:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Our pastor said something yesterday that resonated with me. He said you cannot be free of anything as long as you are hiding from the truth.

He is using (five times in 13 months, that you know about, is just using, that's not relapse),and he is not telling the people who are in position to help him.

Recovery looks like recovery. You don't use, and you are an open book. They have to want it for themselves, you cannot love someone into recovery.

Big hugs to you.
Old 11-01-2017, 12:48 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Remember to practice self-love my dear you are worthy of it.