Let's do another round - TGIF!

Old 10-27-2017, 07:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Let's do another round - TGIF!

What's on the agenda to make you feel warm & fuzzy this weekend?

How are you prioritizing your self-care or challenging yourself to grow in some new way?

Give me all those positive-forward-thinking ideas, folks!
Old 10-27-2017, 07:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm meeting a friend at my acupuncture clinic for her first session; I have a new meditation loaded & ready to go.

Following it up with an hour long foot massage.

I found a place not too far from me that has salt caves & infrared saunas...... I'm THERE if I can get reservations!
Old 10-27-2017, 07:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Taking DS to the last regular season HS football game tonight - he loves going. Tomorrow is OSU vs Penn State - everything will be dropped for that game. Might go to the pumpkin patch on Sunday.

AW and I are fighting colds, so energy level is down, and so is the motivation! But I keep plugging away!

Happy Friday, Friends!
Old 10-27-2017, 07:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hope you feel better soon COD.

I'm also planning on hitting a couple of new thrift stores tomorrow while DD has meditation class; then lunch somewhere we both love.

Followed immediately by a nap, then yoga & date night.

If the weather holds, it'll be a great night for my new boots!
Old 10-27-2017, 07:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have begun moving to my new place; a Mother in Law Quarters with its own yard and patio. It is in a VERY quiet area of town.

I have been living in a drug infested party area for 2-1/2 years.

This move is a MAJOR blessing from God.
Old 10-27-2017, 07:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congratulations Eauchiche!!!
Old 10-27-2017, 07:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

My grandkids, 6 and 4, are coming to spend the night Saturday. They are a joy and so sweet. We will do make-your-own-Sundaes. My granddaughter (the 4 yo) would live on chocolate and sweets if she could, which sounds great to me too lol.

Little kids really know how to live in the present. That is a lesson I continually need to learn. I'm blessed to have them.
Old 10-27-2017, 07:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

My show closes on Sunday so I am taking today and Monday off work. Monday will be the first day in about four months where I don't have to get out of my Jammie's all day unless I choose to!
Old 10-27-2017, 07:28 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Today is my day for the routine test. So I am looking foward to eating something than clear liquids.
Old 10-27-2017, 07:57 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Dinner with my life long friends tomorrow night to celebrate a birthday.

Sunday I will be making some cabbage and beef soup (yummmm) and carving a pumpkin!

Tonight spending some quality time with my guy.
Old 10-27-2017, 08:01 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I’m going with FireSprite for that hour long foot massage and sat cave and infrared saunas!!! LOL Don’t I wish!!!!!

Tonight I have Halloween stuff to do with my grandson and help him make the house spooky!!!

Tomorrow night I have an adult dress up Halloween party and the theme is 1960’s TV shows. I am going as Lisa Douglas from the show Green Acres and my date will be Douglas. Should be fun!!!
Old 10-27-2017, 08:13 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Visitting my sister in Florida. We are on our way to a day spa for the works... Facial massage mani pedi and lunch. Tomorrow we celebrate another sister's birthday with family at dinner out,key lime pie, and presents. Right now I am looking over the blue waters of the gulf of Mexico. Got some escapism books to read. So happy to be free to make choices like this for myself!!!
Old 10-27-2017, 09:05 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

The weather here is set to be terrible all weekend, however, planning some shopping with the family, lunch out, all that jazz. Maybe a movie w/my kids.

Sunday will go to church and take a nap!
Old 10-27-2017, 09:08 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I have an in-costume motorcycle ride through town with the sport bike guys I ride with, then a late hibachi lunch with them. The a big halloween party Saturday night....so excited! This is my favorite holiday!
Old 10-27-2017, 09:59 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Not warm and fuzzy but exciting. Am packing to move in a very tight time scale to another apartment. I basically only have today and tomorrow to pack as next week am too busy with work and uni and we go next Saturday. I will get my own room for first time in 3 years.
Old 10-27-2017, 12:14 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Just did a six mile trail run / hike in the rain with my puppy
Plan another longer one tomorrow--total peace and autumn leaves

Had a shower and put on comfy sweat shirt, wool socks, and fuzzy clogs.
Now having some hot soup and gonna make hot chocolate from scratch next. . .

Also chili--first pot of the season--steak, ground chuck, fresh peppers, New Mex chili powders, red and green
Old 10-27-2017, 12:59 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I'm off to get my hair trimmed (a bigger feat than it seems as I've been seeing the same hair dresser for about 10 years and she pries lol)

Might pop over and have a pedicure too, the weather is beautiful here today, warm and sunny (it's been really cold).

I like your idea of a pot of chili Hawkeye, I think i'll look up some recipes later and maybe make a pot of that this weekend.
Old 10-27-2017, 01:14 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

^^ yeah -the word 'chili' just inspired me for a weekend dinner too! YUM!
Old 10-28-2017, 07:51 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Well, I just cleaned up the shower and then took a nice long one. My husband is still in rehab but I have a discharge date (thanksgiving day). I am flying there that morning and will surprise him at the group's tg dinner. He thinks he's coming home the next day. Then I am going to invite him on the bucket list long weekend that I planned and have largely paid for from the money I have not been spending during his absence. I will likely spend a bit of time working on logistics for that today, which is part of enjoying travel for me.
Old 10-28-2017, 08:44 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hawkeye13 View Post
Just did a six mile trail run / hike in the rain with my puppy
Plan another longer one tomorrow--total peace and autumn leaves

Had a shower and put on comfy sweat shirt, wool socks, and fuzzy clogs.
Now having some hot soup and gonna make hot chocolate from scratch next. . .

Also chili--first pot of the season--steak, ground chuck, fresh peppers, New Mex chili powders, red and green
Hawkeye, so many people around me are bemoaning the fact that our unseasonably warm, sunny days have turned into what they OUGHT to be in late October! And one of the ways to really appreciate that is exactly what you said here--get outside, get cold and damp, and then come in to put on your warm, comfy clothes and make a dinner that will warm you down to the very marrow!

BTW, can you fax me some of that chili when it's done, please?

I had a long tiring week (one of the big freezers at the warehouse wacked out so I had to move everything to the other one, then move it back after the fix-it guy came) and did NOTHING after I got home yesterday except to soak in a hot bath w/Epsom salt and essential oils, eat some pulled pork left over from the pumpkin carving festivities w/sis and niece/nephew on Thursday, and go to bed. Heavy-duty restoration needed!

Today is cold, breezy and damp, a GREAT day to stay inside! I'm waiting for the guy to come and check the loud fan on my fake-fire stove/heater. Supposed to be here between 8 and noon, was hoping to be one of the first but I guess not...The upside is that I have pretty much cleaned up the whole house while waiting, though, so that's good, and to me, a neat orderly house DOES count as self-care!

After he comes, I am planning on driving to the downtown rescue mission w/several bags of lovely, colorful hats, scarves and mittens that my mom knitted over the summer to donate to the folks there. I am SO looking forward to this!

And later, as it begins to get dark, I will sit w/my little houndies in the living room, enjoying the flickery light of the stove, and remember how, not quite 2 years ago, we did the same thing...quote from the thread started then:

Saturday I got up, puttered around, went to the meeting, took a big walk, came home and walked the dogs (more exercise than I've gotten in a while!) and puttered some more. I went out to fill the bird feeders just at dusk, and I heard two owls calling back and forth. The trees were silhouetted against the darkening but still luminous blue sky. It was very peaceful and beautiful. I came inside and sat down to work on my current crochet project. My "fake log" heater was on, throwing a flickery light, and my dogs were curled up sleeping on the rug near it. I had a feeling of such deep, deep peace and contentment--I can't remember the last time I felt anything like that. It was really indescribable, like being rocked in the arms of the Universe...