Notices

A little update

Old 10-24-2017, 01:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Do your best

A little update

Hello SR,

As you know i haven't been around much lately & a huge part of that has to do with both my father's cancer & my mother in law's cancer both are incurable and i have been doing my best by both & especially Mrs Sw this is where a lot of my focus is right now and has been for pretty much the whole year nearly

But my focus is also on that I'm almost 4.5 years in recovery and since getting sober at 31 back in 2013 I've either been in Group therapy, AA meetings or here @ SR

I'm not bored of recovery that's a luxury i cant afford - Ever.. but aswell as recovery being a part of me it doesn't define who i am & who I'm turning into and i don't want to look back and think i spent a good chunk of my 30's online ... don't get me wrong il always love this place for a ton of reasons but i think after 65,000 posts i feel I've given a little back for all the knowledge & wisdom this place has bestowed on me (i hope so anyway)

I have said I'll be back by end of fall which is shortly before Christmas so I'll still pop in to say hi then but but you'll notice a reduced presence from me in 2018

This isn't goodbye it's a simple il see you soon guys

SW
Old 10-24-2017, 02:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well, no doubt we'll miss you and be very pleased to see you when you pop back from time to time. You know what you need to do SW, and it sounds like it's a bit of a balancing act at the moment. You know we're here whenever you need a blast of SR love, strength and wisdom.

Take care friend. Please try not to be too black n white about it. There's nothing wrong with just dipping in and out when it's helpful. We don't need to chuck the baby out with the bathwater after all.

Thank you for all you input, and I hope all goes well for you in those months ahead.

BB
Old 10-24-2017, 02:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

We all have our journeys - some of us find SR and never leave, but many more pass through to lead sober lives in other places, while others keep coming back.

I wish you well in your journey SW and as you know the door here always swings both ways.

D
Old 10-24-2017, 03:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

So good to hear from you, dear friend.

You're such a good role model whether you're here giving encouragement and sharing tidbits of wisdom or whether you're out in real life doing what needs to be done. Thanks so much for just being, Wolfie. Love to you and your family while you travel the next sections of your journeys.

See you around.

O
Old 10-24-2017, 03:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

65,000 is a lot of posts. A lot of sharing. A lot of engagement. A lot of TIME.

TIME is one thing we cannot get back or make more of.

TIME needs to be prioritized. Balanced.

TIME - with loved ones, whether ailing or not, is TIME that is precious. Limited. To be cherished.

As a guy who has spent more than his own share of racking up tens of thousands of posts on the Internet, I'm acutely aware of how much TIME can be consumed sitting at a screen and in so doing, inherently choosing to sacrifice TIME that could be spent elsewhere in deeply meaningful ways.

I've always appreciated and been grateful for your presence here - and I'm sure we'll connect again, but I honor your need to give TIME to the things that need to take priority.

Keep your sobriety strong and know that even when you're not around, you're on our minds and in our hearts as one of our sober family.

Be well.

Old 10-24-2017, 04:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Don't be too much of a stranger Soberwolf - you helped me beyond words, in my early days.
I understand what you're going through, I lost my own Mum to Cancer 25 years ago and went on to become an Oncology nurse. If you ever need to chat, just PM me.
Stay strong and hugs to you. Personally on reflection, I am glad I had the chance to say goodbye to my Mum. Many don't have that and in time, you'll be thankful (not at the moment, I know)

Hugs to you all
Xx
Old 10-24-2017, 04:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Wolfie, you've helped many and I'm grateful for your presence here. I'm sorry for your father's and mother-in-law's illnesses. I trust that you know best how to balance your commitments and give your family the time and care needed.

Of course it will always be great to see you pop in, but go in peace as you need to. Be well my friend!
Old 10-24-2017, 05:01 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It’s always great to here from you SW! I look forward to hearing from you whenever you are around. You and your family have my prayers. Thank you for all you have given back. Blessings.
Old 10-24-2017, 05:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you for being a huge part of the rock here at SR, Soberwolf. Take care of yourself and take care of your family. Love to you.
Old 10-24-2017, 05:32 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Knowing you are out there in the world living life on life's terms, supporting family, and being an example of success is always a support to me soberwolf--wishing you and your family peace

Old 10-24-2017, 06:00 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

So good to hear from you, SW.

Prayers for you and your family that you may all find peace and understanding for one another. I've lost all my family now and I know it's really difficult times, but you are sober and present and you will get through it with love and dignity.

I'm glad you continue to pop in now and then. You're a valuable friend to SR and we will keep you in our hearts.
Old 10-24-2017, 06:01 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

A big hug to you Soberwolf -
Old 10-24-2017, 06:48 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

thanks for the update bro. Sorry to hear about the health issues in the family. Take care wolf.
Old 10-24-2017, 06:54 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I’m sorry to hear about your family’s health problems. Also, thanks for all your hard work in this community and best of luck in 2018.
Old 10-24-2017, 07:15 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thank you from a relative newcomer Soberwolf and I hope 2018 is a better year for you.
Old 10-24-2017, 07:26 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I wish you the very, very best that life has to offer, my dear friend Soberwolf.

Prayers continue for your father and mother-in-law.

Love to you.
Old 10-24-2017, 07:44 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing your stories and wisdom with us over the years. Prayers going up for your family. I wish you all the best soberwolf. Take care my SR friend.
Old 10-24-2017, 10:41 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

You were the first person to welcome me when I found SR so I have a special fondness for you , I think of you often about how you are .

I will light 3 candles at Saturday morning Mass for you and your parents .

Take care
Old 10-24-2017, 11:46 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Good hearing from you wolf. Looking forward to hearing from you again, in your own time.

Best to You and the Family.

DD
Old 10-25-2017, 12:35 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Good to hear from you SW, I am sorry to hear about your father and mother-in-law. Wishing you and your family a peaceful and loving time together.