"Being good" this week

Old 10-23-2017, 02:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

"Being good" this week

AW had her 3rd 2-day bender over the last 6 weeks over the weekend. After each bender she insists she's got to quit, spends a week (or less) "being good" and rewards herself on the weekend for "being good". Lather, rinse, repeat. Looking forward (not) to a week of always doing the wrong thing, getting on her every last nerve, and bracing for the inevitable falling off the wagon and the typical different minefield of emotions that entails.

I'm starting to get very worried, as this phenomenon is a new saga in her drinking habits. She has always basically done her drinking in one night, crashed out in bed, then gotten up and do it all over again. This staying up for days at a time is a new thing and I worry this means she is making a descent into not being able to break her addiction.
Old 10-23-2017, 03:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Mr. Mystery......I recommended that you read the articles in our Classic Reading section of our sticky section of the forum....

I am giving you the following link to that section...Please take t he time to read through them..There are dozens and dozens of excellent articles on alcoholism and the effects on the loved ones.....

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...c-reading.html (Classic Reading)

Yes, she is spiraling, already.....
Old 10-23-2017, 09:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

So sorry to hear this Mrmystery. This is such a tough thing to watch when you love someone.

Please educate yourself as well as you can. There is little to nothing you can do for her.