Notices

Victory is earned, not won.

Old 10-23-2017, 07:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MetalRose

Victory is earned, not won.

Day 23 and it's Monday....and I have a dentist appointment this afternoon.

But....
I had a nice weekend with my family. I politely declined an invitation to a birthday party, which was held at a bar. That evening I was somewhat bummed about it, but when I woke up Sunday morning, I was VERY glad I made the right decision. My young children, as wonderful as they are, pushed my buttons at times, but my "list of reasons why" posted on the fridge did it's job. I turned away, quickly grabbed a soda, and found something else to do.

My husband gave me some great feedback that is helping me stay motivated. Apparently, a positive change in my behavior and mood is quite obvious. Each day gets a bit easier, each morning without a hangover is motivating, and each difficult moment I survive without a drink is a victory.

What motivates you to stay strong and sober on this difficult journey? What are your reasons why? What are your most effective strategies to turn away from alcohol? I Hope everyone finds a reason to be victorious today!
Old 10-23-2017, 10:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on earning your 23rd day!
Old 10-23-2017, 03:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

MetalRose,
Congrats on 23 days. Staying sober can be hard work on a day by day basis and at times progress seems miniscule, so of the biggest motivators for me is reading people’s milestone reports, where they tell us what has changed and the changes are sometime incredible and I’m thinking to myself ‘I’ll hang in there, because I want that too!’
Old 10-23-2017, 04:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
MetalRose

Originally Posted by loud430 View Post
Congrats on earning your 23rd day!
Thank you!
Old 10-23-2017, 04:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
MetalRose

Originally Posted by Mac4711 View Post
MetalRose,
Congrats on 23 days. Staying sober can be hard work on a day by day basis and at times progress seems miniscule, so of the biggest motivators for me is reading people’s milestone reports, where they tell us what has changed and the changes are sometime incredible and I’m thinking to myself ‘I’ll hang in there, because I want that too!’
Yes!!!