Advice needed please.

Old 10-22-2017, 02:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Advice needed please.

This post is regarding my husband.

I noticed he had $200 in his wallet on Monday. Come Wednesday when we were out to dinner I aaked if he had money for a tip. I prefer to give tips to waitresses because it benefits them moreso. Anyways he only had a few dollars. I asked him where the money went and he did not tell me. I had to dig for about 3 minutes. After he told me I was shocked. He said he contacted someone regarding taking pills to mellow him out. I just could not believe it. He is not like this. Never did I see this happening in the 10 years with him. I wanted to take our children and go to my parents. It is not safe being with someone who takes pills in front of children younger than 5!

I talk to him and get more information. He said he was getting information from someone at work. Someone gave him a contact number to call. He would call that number and would meet that person somewhere. He has been doing this randomly for the last four months. It is not weekly just when he is stressed out at work. He has spent 2k on these pills. I am beyond heartbroken and I am just not sure what to think.

Some people tell me I cannot trust him and that he is putting my life and my childrens lives in danger.

He said he can stop at anytime and is relieved I found out. Not sure what to do. Never dealt with this in my life. We will be talking to someone this week. He does not mind talking to someone. He even said if I want him to check himself in that he would go. He said he is not as bad as the people who do have those addictions.

Please help.
Does he sound like an addict?
Old 10-22-2017, 04:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Foreverxchanged View Post
This post is regarding my husband.

I noticed he had $200 in his wallet on Monday. Come Wednesday when we were out to dinner I aaked if he had money for a tip. I prefer to give tips to waitresses because it benefits them moreso. Anyways he only had a few dollars. I asked him where the money went and he did not tell me. I had to dig for about 3 minutes. After he told me I was shocked. He said he contacted someone regarding taking pills to mellow him out. I just could not believe it. He is not like this. Never did I see this happening in the 10 years with him. I wanted to take our children and go to my parents. It is not safe being with someone who takes pills in front of children younger than 5!

I talk to him and get more information. He said he was getting information from someone at work. Someone gave him a contact number to call. He would call that number and would meet that person somewhere. He has been doing this randomly for the last four months. It is not weekly just when he is stressed out at work. He has spent 2k on these pills. I am beyond heartbroken and I am just not sure what to think.

Some people tell me I cannot trust him and that he is putting my life and my childrens lives in danger.

He said he can stop at anytime and is relieved I found out. Not sure what to do. Never dealt with this in my life. We will be talking to someone this week. He does not mind talking to someone. He even said if I want him to check himself in that he would go. He said he is not as bad as the people who do have those addictions.

Please help.
Does he sound like an addict?
Unfortunately, I can’t tell you whether or not he is an addict. However, keeping his drug use from you and spending such a large amount of money is not okay. Whether or not he is an “addict”, I think it’s important for you to think about your boundaries and set them firmly. I wish you luck.
Old 10-22-2017, 05:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KRae121012 View Post
Unfortunately, I can’t tell you whether or not he is an addict. However, keeping his drug use from you and spending such a large amount of money is not okay. Whether or not he is an “addict”, I think it’s important for you to think about your boundaries and set them firmly. I wish you luck.
So what are you saying? I need help badly.
Old 10-22-2017, 08:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Getting pills to "mellow him out" from "someone" and spending that much money on them sounds illegal.

Whatever he says, to you or to whoever you'll talk to - go by his actions, not by his words. As for what comes next in the short term: what do you want to do? You sound fearful for your and your children's safety. If you are, then trust your instincts and go to your parents.

he said if I want him to check himself in that he would go.
Check himself into what? A drug rehab program, a detox? If that's what he means then he's saying he has a drug problem.

Sorry this is happening. Safety first, then deal with your husband. Maybe he's telling the truth and this is the wake up call he needs. You will know it from his actions.
Old 10-23-2017, 06:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Someone gave him a contact number to call. He would call that number and would meet that person somewhere.
That’s called drug dealer.

He has spent 2k on these pills.
If he told you that you can bet it’s a lot more then 2k

Some people tell me I cannot trust him and that he is putting my life and my children’s lives in danger.
Those are some smart people, keep listening to them.

He said he can stop at anytime and is relieved I found out.

He even said if I want him to check himself in that he would go.
If he can stop any time why would he need to check himself in?