Notices

Making new associations and creating new memories.

Old 10-20-2017, 10:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Making new associations and creating new memories.

Haven't posted in a while and thought I'd share something I've noticed. We moved into this new house on the 29th of September. Everything I did since last spring was geared towards getting a fresh start and a clean slate in my life. After my injuries and losing my business i/we needed a fresh start.

In our old house I spent a lot of drunk hours in that place and created some pretty horrid memories. The couple times I went through withdrawal were horrible. The fights, the sleepless nights, no eating, sweaty etc....

In this house I have not and will not ever wake up with a hangover, I will never hide a bottle of booze, I will never leave here drunk and drive. All the memories and associations I am making are with clear mind and being fully present. Its really the right way to go about ones life. It feels like its supposed to feel.....genuine and real. So I guess what I'm saying is that at the moment, I'm really enjoying my new life. Hope everyone is well.
Old 10-20-2017, 11:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Way to go thomas, enjoy you new life in your new home.
Fresh start, sounds perfect for you.
C
Old 10-20-2017, 11:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

very cool!!!

a fresh start is a pretty great feeling under any circumstances but to be starting anew in a place free from the potential burdens of association with negative memories is a real gift. Enjoy!
Old 10-20-2017, 02:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Absolutely fantastic thomas11 ☺ wonderfully uplifting post...enjoy your new home and new life 💜
Old 10-20-2017, 02:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're feeling so good about things. Enjoy your new home.
Old 10-20-2017, 03:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

LOVE this and am so happy for you!

We - my fiance and I, and his 15 yr old who lives with us- have had the same amazing situation. We got engaged, then all moved in together, all in July. I adore our new place and I know that a big part of that is that it is brand new for our life together. I actually felt safe in my apt of 2 years where I got sober, and it will always have a special place in my heart because of that - but this is what my life NOW is about.

And there are pretty much endless ways to make new connections and memories now- and we get to as long as keep making the next right choice!
Old 10-20-2017, 05:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree Jeff - it's a nice feeling to know that this house and my previous one - and all the neighbours around me - will never know me as I used to be.

'grats again on your move

D
Old 10-20-2017, 05:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I agree Jeff - it's a nice feeling to know that this house and my previous one - and all the neighbours around me - will never know me as I used to be.

'grats again on your move

D
you nailed it Dee. Whole new life, whole new identity. And its much better than the previous life.
Old 10-21-2017, 10:37 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It sounds like a great start!