"But Why?"

Old 10-18-2017, 10:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

"But Why?"

Ha. I feel reminded of my 5 year old inquisitive self, constantly annoying my parents with "BUT WHY?" for everything. I find myself doing that 3.5 wks after no contact with pothead addict.

My whole life I thought oh smoking pot can't be that bad. It's just something people do to "get the edge off" like drink a beer after work or something. (Which was told to me by an alcoholic btw). But Nooooooo, it's straight up addiction. I bought into all the pro-marijuana campaigning. But now I'm thinking maybe that campaigning was made by addicts who are lying to get their way?

Sorry for the rambling post, still trying to understand addiction, still trying to tackle the problem by googling incessantly from different perspectives, trying to understand with no actual solution. Yes yes I know "logic cannot be applied". Tell that to my brain that never stops thinking lol.

I'm doing good by the way, just reading around the forum trying to understand stories from addicts/recovering addicts/and loved ones of addicts. I can say this has opened up my mind to another reality I had no idea about.

How is everyone doing in their coping? I was depressed in the last few days, but reading about how addicts don't care about anything other than drugs strangely makes me feel better, but also sad? Idk. I'm doing good now though.
Old 10-19-2017, 05:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Glad you are feeling better, Girl.
My bestie broke up with her SO of seven years because, among other things, he was a daily pot smoker.
He said he used to help lessen chronic back pain, and maybe he did.
But she came to feel that the daily pot use was detrimental to their relationship.
It wasn’t the only reason they split, but it sure was a factor.
Old 10-19-2017, 09:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ugh. I asked "WHY" for so long I was even sick of myself LOL!

Eventually you come to realize the why does not matter, only the actions.

Glad you are doing better, keep moving forward!
Old 10-19-2017, 01:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Girl

I read in your other post this guy has been nodding out so your now thinking opiate drugs mixed in like possible heroine or something similar. Pinned pupils are also another sign of opiate use. Tiny pupils which don't change size even in various light settings.

If that's the case you dodged a huge bullet. Pot smoking addiction is bad but in my experience opiates are another entirely different mess.

Run & don't look or think back. You are lucky he's gone.

PS opiates such as heroine explains all of his behavior you posted about in your original thread makes total sense to me know
Old 10-19-2017, 09:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HardLessons View Post
Girl

I read in your other post this guy has been nodding out so your now thinking opiate drugs mixed in like possible heroine or something similar. Pinned pupils are also another sign of opiate use. Tiny pupils which don't change size even in various light settings.

If that's the case you dodged a huge bullet. Pot smoking addiction is bad but in my experience opiates are another entirely different mess.

Run & don't look or think back. You are lucky he's gone.

PS opiates such as heroine explains all of his behavior you posted about in your original thread makes total sense to me know
Awhile ago, In a video he posted of his DJ weed friends playing some mixes, there was a pipe on the table. Not sure what that was...

But I'm guessing it was opiates (from nodding out a lot, falling asleep sitting up) and weed (he confirmed he smokes everyday). I don't think people nod out with only weed but who knows.

Many times his apologies to me were "I'm sorry that I fell asleep while you were talking to me, I'm just so tired for working so hard", and on the phone while I'm talking there would be snoring on the other end and I would be like "hello..." and then he'd wake up and be like "sorry I'm still here, just tired". Me thinks he was high the entire time.... probably thinks I was a hallucination... probably forgot about me a long time ago.... Scary because I think it's in those nod outs, that people die of ODing.

It does explain the strange behavior in my first post. I was so confused when it was happening. I was looking at him like a normal person. It explains to me that before he disappeared he complained about financial problems. He used to have a house, a car, a dog, a family. All of it is gone. He skateboards to work, and rents out a room, has roommates. He had it all and he sold it for drugs. There's nothing I can do. His life is in Gods hands.