Conflicted

Old 10-16-2017, 03:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Conflicted

My husband was clean for 5 years. He relapsed in March of this year. Only this time methamphetamines became his drug of choice. It was slow at first and I ignored my gut feeling. At its worst I lost about 21k and a total of 3 cars. Because his addition had spiraled so far out of control cps became involved and legally the Only way he was allowed to live in our home was if he went to SA groups. Things where going seemingly well he was clean for about 3 months. Until yesterday he went ghost for 10 hours. He had sent messages to a girl who's name I will not mention about getting drugs and going to see her. Today he left very early. I haven't see or heard from him since. My gut tells me that I already know. The past year has been absolutely heart wrenching. And I truthfully don't know if I can handle going through this again. I'm conflicted because I don't know what to do.
Old 10-17-2017, 03:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Greer, I am so sorry this isn't going well.

Looks like he isn't going to find a good path anytime soon, so it's up to you to decide what is best for you and your child/children. Living with active addiction is a dark place for adults and kids both, living with one healthy, safe, parent is a much better life.

Please keep yourself safe, it's time to make some very hard decisions and perhaps put together a plan for him to leave, or for you to leave and live some place safer.

My prayers go out for you, life is difficult sometimes but sometimes the only choice is to choose a better path, no matter how much it hurts.

Hugs
Old 10-17-2017, 12:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

He had sent messages to a girl who's name I will not mention about getting drugs and going to see her. Today he left very early. I haven't see or heard from him since. My gut tells me that I already know. The past year has been absolutely heart wrenching. And I truthfully don't know if I can handle going through this again. I'm conflicted because I don't know what to do.
Your eyes saw what your eyes saw, your husband seeking drugs, of course he is using again – always trust your gut. What’s the conflict? Either you choose to live with losing more money and cars to drugs or you don’t. Take action on securing your finances and see what you can do about removing his name from the car insurance. Who’s name is the title in? What about a mortgage or rent? Can you afford that without his help because the way he’s going if he has a job he won’t for very much longer. We often don’t like the choices we are forced to make but sitting, worrying and watching an addict destroy their lives, and all those around them is far more painful than working through the pain and fear of leaving them.

It’s like your house is on fire and it’s time to get out safely. Rebuilding can come later on down the road but first things first.
Old 10-18-2017, 03:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi

If you haven't read the stickies in this section try - the library - sticky.

There is addicts that wrote from their point of view. Its telling of what you are dealing with.

It is not you but it needs to stopped by you at some point for your own wellbeing. Damage control is needed asap.

Remember - He can't stop even for himself even less for someone else.

Once you start taking control you will feel empowered in the progress.

Hope this helps.