My story.

Old 10-13-2017, 01:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My story.

Wednesday evening, my husband had a seizure while backing out of a driveway and we went flying backwards into a parked car across the street. Neither of us were injured in the wreck, thank goodness.

Upon testing in the ER, it was found his liver enzymes were extremely high (diagnosis - fatty liver), and he had other markers that indicated that his alcohol use was the reason for the seizure.

He is a beer drinker, and has been for over 20 years, averaging probably 7-8 per day. He also has never been a big eater.

So, here we are two days later, still sitting in ICU for detox because a room has not become available. He's doing really, really well...but of course had a bout of confusion when the social worker was talking about a direct transfer to inpatient treatment. He thought I wasn't in the room. Anyway, she can't start the process until he 100% appears to know what is going on and wants to go voluntarily. I know he does, but I also understand their rules.

I am also a big beer drinker (weekends only), or should I say "I was". I've been wanting to cut down for several health reasons, and now I have a huge reason...to support my husband 100%.

I don't really know what else to say, but I just wanted to put my intro out there. I hope to learn a lot in these forums.
Old 10-13-2017, 02:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

BingoFido.....I am so glad that you "hope to learn a lot"......because I have some good news for you--you have definitely come to the right place...lol....

I am giving you the following link to our "library" of information on alcoholism and the effects on the loved ones....There are dozens and dozens of excellent articles. You won't find a better collection of material, anywhere!
I hope you will read through them.....

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...c-reading.html (Classic Reading)

***In addition, I am giving you the following link to a specific article that might be of value to you, at this time....It is a pretty good yard stick......

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-reposted.html (10 Ways to Tell When an Addict or Alcoholic is Full of ****, reposted)
Old 10-13-2017, 06:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you!
Old 10-13-2017, 09:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome bfr,
I hope your husband finds a moment of clarity and signs the papers for rehab.

What type of support are you doing for you? Any Meetings, or therapy. I am sure you could use some support. Hugs!!