Help with Daughter Pt 2

Old 10-10-2017, 06:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Help with Daughter Pt 2

So after your wonderful words of advice we had a talk about boundaries last night. I gave her examples of boundaries and told her how because I have my boundaries firmly in place I am no longer blindsided by ugly attempts to contact me. I also told her it got worse before it got better because AH had to test my boundaries. Then I shared your responses to my original question because you guys have so much wisdom to share, and we all know kids give strangers more authority than their moms The result from sharing particularly your responses i saw her body language change and her mood change. She feels validated and powerful. I think the words helped put her back in the drivers seat of her own life. To have that tiny piece of wisdom at 17 is such a gift. Many Thanks you guys!!!!
Old 10-10-2017, 07:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Love this!!!! The next time he starts his emotional abuse, as it's a cycle, she will feel that anxiety rising. Hopefully this will help her learn that she deserves boundaries and empower her to put those in place!

Good work momma!
Old 10-10-2017, 12:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That’s great, viola.
So glad to hear it!
Old 10-10-2017, 12:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for the update, that is WONDERFUL! Sending you and your daughter good thoughts.
Old 10-10-2017, 09:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

V,
This is not only for her daddy, its about life. It's a shame at 17, but know she knows how to handle future challenges.

Hugs, glad she listened. (Mom's not so stupid after all)
Old 10-11-2017, 10:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by maia1234 View Post
This is not only for her daddy, its about life.
That is oh so true! I can't even begin to say how much the things I've learned here about dealing with an A have spilled over into the rest of my life. I talk about one instance of this in this thread:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...t-clarity.html (O/T: Job Interview and Moment of Clarity)

While it's a shame that she has to learn this in such an unpleasant way, that knowledge will certainly help her out down the road...