Notices

It's been a while :) Day 71

Old 10-09-2017, 01:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Learning to Live

It's been a while :) Day 71

Hey everyone! I haven't posted in long time. I'm happy to say I am still on the sober bus and happy to be here.

Things had been going very well until 4 days ago. I had a random panic attack that floored me. I mean full blown panic that lasted hours, it was terrible. In the days following I woke up immediately anxious; heart pounding, headache, nausea, the whole bit. Today, thankfully, I didn't wake up feeling that way. I'm still struggling to eat since that day and in the back of my mind are the "thoughts" I struggle with. I'm trying though.

I decided to log on here because it had been a while and I'm really glad I did. I'm reminded that I'm still in early recovery even though I felt like it had been ages already and I had it all under control. I am frustrated and slightly discouraged, I'll admit. I thought that the worst was over and it was just about learning and growing from here on out, but I was wrong. I'm going to keep going though. It's a journey, not a destination, right?
Old 10-09-2017, 01:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good to see you post, Jezzi. I'm still matching you with 71 days.
Old 10-09-2017, 01:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Jezzi, panic attacks are awful and very upsetting. I'm glad you got through that. It's good that you came back here. We do understand!
Old 10-09-2017, 01:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Learning to Live

Originally Posted by decchemist View Post
Good to see you post, Jezzi. I'm still matching you with 71 days.
wooo!
Old 10-09-2017, 01:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Whilst I've not had panic attacks recently, Jezzi, I know exactly how they feel so empathise. I have been feeling nervy when I wake in the morning, like I don't know if I can face the day. But it soon goes when I get up. As you say, we are both still relatively early days in recovery so have to take a day at a time still.

I'm so glad you are still going strong.