Notices

It's true, moderation doesn't work

Old 10-07-2017, 09:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It's true, moderation doesn't work

I thought maybe it would work and it does for a while but slowly it creeps up again, once a week then twice a week and here I am having drunk nearly everyday for the last 2 weeks.. not out of control drinking in terms of amounts but everyday.. so I think it's time to start again..
Old 10-07-2017, 09:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think so too! come back to sobriety we have your back!
Old 10-07-2017, 09:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I saw this from someone else on another thread. I'm afraid I don't know how to send you a link to it, so I have copied and pasted.

Here's Me:

Sober for a stretch, then out of the blue, have a glass of wine or two with dinner. That's not so bad.

Next day--I will get just one regular size bottle on my way home. I don't have to drink it all. I probably won't even open it.

Next day---see, there's still wine in the bottle! That evening-I have to get groceries-I will grab another bottle-seems this is okay. I don't feel bad at all. I can do this! Plus, it will give me a white wine buzz so I will have energy to organize the study!

Next Day-Drank the leftovers and the whole new bottle.

Next Day--Grab the BIG wine bottle (or two of the smalls.....) repeat for a month with a couple days every now and then of nothing. After 30 days, sluggish, dull eyes and skin, blood sugar all over the place, the wine tastes like watered down vinegar, doesn't do much of anything but give me a "come-down" like depression. Completely out of touch with my spiritual side and well being. Going down fast. Cancelling plans, saying things I don't mean....shame.

Next Day: Decision- Abstain. Get Sober. DON'T REPEAT. GET A PLAN NOW.

Upcoming days/weeks/months......CONTENTMENT like a warm blanket , endorphins from head to toe, RADIANCE...and so much more. No anxiety. Living n the moment Grateful--more than I ever thought possible.

(Don't wait for cirrhosis, DUI, esophageal varices, depression, isolation from friends and family--get off the elevator on THIS floor while you still can....lest you go straight to the basement. Once the doors open, it's very hard to go back up. For some, it's impossible....wet brain shows up)
Old 10-07-2017, 09:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It was by WritingFromLife. NOT from me.
Old 10-07-2017, 10:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Red - good to hear from you

D
Old 10-07-2017, 10:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Downthepath View Post
It was by WritingFromLife. NOT from me.
Thanks for posting this.. it so is true.. that AV tricks you into thinking it's ok that you won't end up back where you were..
Old 10-08-2017, 12:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I can't wait to get some good sleep, something I rreally noticed I didn't get with drinking.. I've been missing it..
Old 10-08-2017, 03:14 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sober sleep is the best..
Old 10-08-2017, 04:02 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Red78 View Post
I can't wait to get some good sleep, something I rreally noticed I didn't get with drinking.. I've been missing it..
Glad you are back. IMO and IME - EVERYTHING is better sober! My fiance says I told him that at our first lunch date and he "didn't quite believe me, but wanted to know more." He was just passed thirty days then - and he soon realized that he found that sentiment absolutely true as well.

Hope you stay with us this time.