Notices

What is your personality type?

Old 10-06-2017, 06:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What is your personality type?

I find the MBTI personality assessments so interesting. I am an INFJ...highly sensitive and consider myself an empath...I've gotten so overwhelmed by people and situations in the past, that I've definitely used alcohol to run away and decompress.

What is your personality type? If you haven't taken the assessment, I really like this site:

https://www.16personalities.com/

I hope everyone is having a good day today...and if not, I hope it gets better soon.
Old 10-06-2017, 06:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am an Adventurer! And 99% Introvert (which I'm not surprised by at all).

At first I didn't agree with the Adventurer label, but as I read more, I started to see it in my life.

"Adventurers live in a colorful, sensual world, inspired by connections with people and ideas. These personalities take joy in reinterpreting these connections, reinventing and experimenting with both themselves and new perspectives."

I've always believed, and have been told, I connect with people extremely well. Perspective is key to trying to understand humans and their situations.

Thanks for sharing this, it was a good time waster at work!
Old 10-06-2017, 07:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Pretty accurate!

LOGISTICIAN PERSONALITY (ISTJ, -A/-T)

My observation is that whenever one person is found adequate to the discharge of a duty... it is worse executed by two persons, and scarcely done at all if three or more are employed therein.
George Washington
The Logistician personality type is thought to be the most abundant, making up around 13% of the population. Their defining characteristics of integrity, practical logic and tireless dedication to duty make Logisticians a vital core to many families, as well as organizations that uphold traditions, rules and standards, such as law offices, regulatory bodies and military. People with the Logistician personality type enjoy taking responsibility for their actions, and take pride in the work they do – when working towards a goal, Logisticians hold back none of their time and energy completing each relevant task with accuracy and patience.
Logisticians don’t make many assumptions, preferring instead to analyze their surroundings, check their facts and arrive at practical courses of action. Logistician personalities are no-nonsense, and when they’ve made a decision, they will relay the facts necessary to achieve their goal, expecting others to grasp the situation immediately and take action. Logisticians have little tolerance for indecisiveness, but lose patience even more quickly if their chosen course is challenged with impractical theories, especially if they ignore key details – if challenges becomes time-consuming debates, Logisticians can become noticeably angry as deadlines tick nearer.

Associate With Those of Good Quality if You Esteem Your Reputation...

When Logisticians say they are going to get something done, they do it, meeting their obligations no matter the personal cost, and they are baffled by people who don’t hold their own word in the same respect. Combining laziness and dishonesty is the quickest way to get on Logisticians’ bad side. Consequently, people with the Logistician personality type often prefer to work alone, or at least have their authority clearly established by hierarchy, where they can set and achieve their goals without debate or worry over other’s reliability.

Logisticians have sharp, fact-based minds, and prefer autonomy and self-sufficiency to reliance on someone or something. Dependency on others is often seen by Logisticians as a weakness, and their passion for duty, dependability and impeccable personal integrity forbid falling into such a trap.

This sense of personal integrity is core to Logisticians, and goes beyond their own minds – Logistician personalities adhere to established rules and guidelines regardless of cost, reporting their own mistakes and telling the truth even when the consequences for doing so could be disastrous. To Logisticians, honesty is far more important than emotional considerations, and their blunt approach leaves others with the false impression that Logisticians are cold, or even robotic. People with this type may struggle to express emotion or affection outwardly, but the suggestion that they don’t feel, or worse have no personality at all, is deeply hurtful.

...For It Is Better to Be Alone Than in Bad Company

Logisticians’ dedication is an excellent quality, allowing them to accomplish much, but it is also a core weakness that less scrupulous individuals take advantage of. Logisticians seek stability and security, considering it their duty to maintain a smooth operation, and they may find that their coworkers and significant others shift their responsibilities onto them, knowing that they will always take up the slack. Logisticians tend to keep their opinions to themselves and let the facts do the talking, but it can be a long time before observable evidence tells the whole story.

Logisticians need to remember to take care of themselves – their stubborn dedication to stability and efficiency can compromise those goals in the long term as others lean ever-harder on them, creating an emotional strain that can go unexpressed for years, only finally coming out after it’s too late to fix. If they can find coworkers and spouses who genuinely appreciate and complement their qualities, who enjoy the brightness, clarity and dependability that they offer, Logisticians will find that their stabilizing role is a tremendously satisfying one, knowing that they are part of a system that works.

Your Results

“THE LOGISTICIAN” (ISTJ-T)
Old 10-06-2017, 07:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

EFSJ-A. Used to be introvert. Personality has changed, maybe enough to recover from alcoholism,
Old 10-06-2017, 07:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I got the commander personality...

COMMANDER PERSONALITY

Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.
Steve Jobs

Commanders are natural-born leaders. People with this personality type embody the gifts of charisma and confidence, and project authority in a way that draws crowds together behind a common goal. However, Commanders are also characterized by an often ruthless level of rationality, using their drive, determination and sharp minds to achieve whatever end they’ve set for themselves. Perhaps it is best that they make up only three percent of the population, lest they overwhelm the more timid and sensitive personality types that make up much of the rest of the world – but we have Commanders to thank for many of the businesses and institutions we take for granted every day.
Old 10-06-2017, 07:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am the "Protagonist" which I am not surprised about - I do a lot of these things for a living so have a good idea where I am with these things ( at least most of the time

82% Extraverted
70% Intuitive
54% Feeling
53% Judging
68% Assertive

Interesting stuff, thank you for the link!!
Old 10-06-2017, 09:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing this- I am an empath as well and imagine a lot of us addicts are. Going to try the test and see what I come up with!
Old 10-06-2017, 09:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
sober style

I don't really believe in that stuff tbh.
Old 10-06-2017, 09:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
G-Woman

Hmmm, I'm the Defender ISFJ.

The read-up is scarily accurate.
Old 10-06-2017, 09:27 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Took MB test on 31st August 2007.

INTJ
Old 10-06-2017, 10:04 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

That was fun, I got "mediator" ... Me, Bjork and Tolkien are all mediators LOL.
Old 10-06-2017, 10:24 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

So just done again 10 years later.

ISFJ now.

Huge increase in I and J and a switch to S and F
Old 10-06-2017, 10:57 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I took it and apparently I suck. Lol
Old 10-06-2017, 10:58 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Defender

ISFJ - T
Old 10-06-2017, 11:08 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Campaigner (ENFP-a)
Old 10-06-2017, 11:44 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Entp
Old 10-06-2017, 11:50 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I test repeatedly as an INTJ.
Old 10-06-2017, 02:15 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

If its raining tomorrow I will have a look as long as its fun .

Bed time now .
Old 10-06-2017, 05:50 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I stopped...this is more like a pre-interview test...no thanks. Going through enough of those lately.
Old 10-06-2017, 06:48 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Istj.