Notices

New here

Old 10-05-2017, 06:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New here

Hello I am new here just have something's I want to say and maybe get answers on

A bit of a background is that my wife is an alcoholic and she relapsed about two months ago and just three weeks ago I found out she cheated on me twice with a guy she meet. Before this I never had a sliver in my mind that she would ever do this to me. She said she did it because he bought her beer and she was already drunk and wanted to have fun. But she regrets the whole thing. The second time it happen was two days after that and she said he promised her beer again and went along with it. (She drinks from the time she wakes up till she sleeps. I say this because both times sheet him it was in the early afternoon). After this she went straight into looking for a rehab place because she didn't want to continue doing stupid things like that. She said she didn't know him very long only a few hours before he first time. But when he said I'm done with you and I don't want to talk to you any more she started crying and got mad. Right now she is away for treatment for 30 days and I'm trying to figure out if this is something she did because she wanted beer or if it's something more that's going to progress even after she is sober. She has other mental issues that are goi g on that I hope they can address while she is there. I don't know how to take all this as I said before I never had a feeling she would ever do this no matter how drunk she got. But this time she ran out of money and I guess to an alcoholic you try to get it in any way possible if not sure. I hope you guys can give me some advice and helpful tips on how to deal with this as I do want to try and keep our relationship together. Thank you.
Old 10-05-2017, 09:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I don't know that I have any answers for you. I'm sorry this happened and I know alcohol is a thief. It will steal everything from the addict and those around. I don't know how the rehab will turn out, it really depends on her choices. You have my prayers.