Notices

Back again

Old 10-02-2017, 05:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back again

Well, back again after several failed attempts at sobriety. I continue to keep fooling myself into thinking that I can control my drinking, but I can't. This has been made quite evident time and time again. I don't like who I am when I am drinking and don't like how others see me. I need to change this behavior. I've always felt my very best during periods of sobriety. Day 1...thankfully, I pulled myself out of bed and made it into work today. I am so glad that I have this community to return to. I am already looking forward to waking up sober tomorrow morning.
Old 10-02-2017, 05:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

I hear ya. I am on Day 3 after a 3 day beer binge. This has got to stop. I am losing my days from being under the influence. Just don't know what I did or where the time went. So scary. Now, I am fighting for some peace of mind. It has been 50 hours since my last guzzle of a can of warm beer which was too foamy and I spit it all over me floor. So shameful. So not the me I want to be. I am here for you. We can do this together.♡CR
Old 10-02-2017, 12:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes we can! I'm so excited to get started on this journey. The binges are horrendous. And, the not remembering...my s/o informed me that recently, I've been verbally abusive to him while intoxicated, which really hurts. He's actually been sober for almost 4 years himself. I can't believe he continues to put up with me when I'm like that. I'm actually excited to go home from work today and not drink...as weird as that sounds.
Old 10-02-2017, 12:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

What are you going to do (instead of drink) when you get home?
Old 10-02-2017, 12:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have a very active 2 year old, which is a good thing Make a nice dinner for the 3 of us...I was thinking of doing some yoga (when sober, I'm into fitness), but am kind of tired, so may opt to hit the hay early. What have you been doing to keep yourself busy during downtime when you would typically be drinking?
Old 10-02-2017, 12:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

I quilt and sew. Making Holiday table toppers. I have some pics on my home page. I use my elliptical and usually bike after that to get fresh air. But, since I drank I think I will wait a few more days. I love to cook and garden. Right now I am decorating for Halloween. Just stuff from the basement and some fresh pumpkins. I live in Wisconsin where there are lots of farms.
Old 10-02-2017, 02:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Ya, the few days after stopping drinking, I pretty much eat whatever I want and forego the exercising. It's better than drinking though, right?
Old 10-02-2017, 02:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I can't wait to decorate for Halloween. I'm in Massachusetts...love this time of year!
Old 10-02-2017, 02:57 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Ready. You have a great attitude. I was sorry for myself & resentful at first - even though I knew it was killing me. Congrats on your Day 1.
Old 10-02-2017, 03:49 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back readytodothis
whats your plan?

D
Old 10-02-2017, 04:47 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks Hevyn and Dee! To answer your question Dee, I plan to be significantly more active on SR than I have been in the past. I haven't gone too far past that at this point, so will be formulating a plan in the coming days.