Notices

One hour at a time

Old 09-29-2017, 03:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

One hour at a time

I've been sipping on Gatorade all night. The muscles in my legs are twitching. I'm sure I'm dehydrated. I'm weak from barely eating in 3 days and having a binge drinking session. Im sweating and shakey. I'm struggling to get up and get ready for work. I'm going to do this though. Today is a new day.

The struggle will start when I get off work. Thankfully it will be late so maybe that will encourage me not to drink.
Old 09-29-2017, 03:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I know how you are feeling. Try to force down some food, something packed with nutrients and that is filling without being too much to eat- a banana or a yogurt. Keep drinking water or gatorade.
Can you check in here from work? And definitely tonight. We are here with you.
Old 09-29-2017, 03:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Meraviglioso View Post
I know how you are feeling. Try to force down some food, something packed with nutrients and that is filling without being too much to eat- a banana or a yogurt. Keep drinking water or gatorade.
Can you check in here from work? And definitely tonight. We are here with you.
I can check in from my day job. At my part time job tonight I can't. I'm going to attempt a boiled egg. I have yogurt at the office I may try later.
Old 09-29-2017, 03:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sinderos View Post
I can check in from my day job. At my part time job tonight I can't. I'm going to attempt a boiled egg. I have yogurt at the office I may try later.
When I couldn't eat, I'd have boiled water with sugar and then moved on to light soups and hot chocolate. Your appetite will come back in a few days - hang in there You're doing fantastically well
Old 09-29-2017, 06:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

When I first was trying to get sober, I measured my sobriety in hours. I knew that if i could get to 72 hours I would feel much better, and if I could make it to 100 hours, that was awesome. But somewhere along the line I would reach a point where I thought it was ok to drink again in moderation because I had by then, figured out a new way how to do that. Of course, my new method never worked.

I understand what it's like to keep track of your sobriety in hours. For the next 100 hours or so, stay on this website a lot and venture out to a few AA meetings. That's what finally got me sober.

I don't measure my sober time in hours anymore, or even days. I've got 7+ years of sobriety now and I think about drinking maybe twice a year. But then I have tools to help me through those days and I never act on my drinking, thinking.

Life is good. You can get here too!
Old 09-29-2017, 06:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zebra1275 View Post
When I first was trying to get sober, I measured my sobriety in hours. I knew that if i could get to 72 hours I would feel much better, and if I could make it to 100 hours, that was awesome. But somewhere along the line I would reach a point where I thought it was ok to drink again in moderation because I had by then, figured out a new way how to do that. Of course, my new method never worked.

I understand what it's like to keep track of your sobriety in hours. For the next 100 hours or so, stay on this website a lot and venture out to a few AA meetings. That's what finally got me sober.

I don't measure my sober time in hours anymore, or even days. I've got 7+ years of sobriety now and I think about drinking maybe twice a year. But then I have tools to help me through those days and I never act on my drinking, thinking.

Life is good. You can get here too!
7 years is awesome!!! There's an AA meeting at 9:30 pm I may go to. I'm scheduled to work until 9 so that will work out good.
Old 09-29-2017, 06:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Stay strong, I'm right there with you. Evening time is hard for me because the one hobby I feel like I have is cooking (and drinking wine) ☹️

=Sinderos;6619938]I've been sipping on Gatorade all night. The muscles in my legs are twitching. I'm sure I'm dehydrated. I'm weak from barely eating in 3 days and having a binge drinking session. Im sweating and shakey. I'm struggling to get up and get ready for work. I'm going to do this though. Today is a new day.

The struggle will start when I get off work. Thankfully it will be late so maybe that will encourage me not to drink.[/QUOTE]
Old 09-29-2017, 06:46 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Keep going, you WILL feel better if you stick with this.
How great will you feel tonight if you finish work and then get a meeting under your belt and you will not have drank.

You can do it!
Old 09-29-2017, 07:08 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Silverback4 View Post
Keep going, you WILL feel better if you stick with this.
How great will you feel tonight if you finish work and then get a meeting under your belt and you will not have drank.

You can do it!
Thank you!! I know it will be worth it. The first day is so incredibly hard. It doesn't help that I don't feel good. I know in time that will get better.
Old 09-29-2017, 07:24 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sinderos, you are strong enough to get through this!
Old 09-29-2017, 11:08 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Sinderos, I just wanted to check in and see how you are feeling this morning. I really hope your evening went ok. Did you make it to that AA meeting? How was it?
Old 09-29-2017, 11:39 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I signed in to find out how things are going too We do care and want the best for you x
Old 09-29-2017, 11:44 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I’m here too Sinderos hoping to hear from you

Let us know how you are
Old 09-30-2017, 08:01 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hang in there, you can do it. ..
Old 09-30-2017, 08:10 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

I,too, am counting the hours. Drank way too much beer over the last few days. I am having a rough night. My mind is beating myself up for drinking. I am trying to sleep but toss and turn. This is truely hell and I hope it ends soon. It has been about 20 hours since my last beer. I never want to feel this way again.