Notices

I am back again

Old 09-28-2017, 12:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am back again

Hello September class. I am very sad to say that I am back. I originally became a member of this site back in August of 2016 and managed to stay sober for a little over 6 weeks. Then I fell and started cracking a beer open after work each day. One turned to two, and to three, and to four.....you know the drill. Recently started incorporating having some Scotch in between beers. It got away from me VERY quickly and in a blink of an eye, I was having that funny taste in my mouth late in the afternoon that can only be satisfied by alcohol. I don't drink every day, but I do most days of the week. And it's never just one. If alcohol hits my lips, I just can't stop. Then I will go a couple of days feeling really bad about myself only to do it again.

I've grown weary of this over this past year. When I was a regular reader/poster on this site back in August and September of 2016, I found the support I needed to make sure I never had that 1 drink that would quickly turn into several. I am back again because this worked for me. Hearing other folks stories, struggles, successes helps me to realize I am not alone in this struggle. And the success stories help me realize that I CAN do this.

So I would like to officially request membership into the class of September 2017 if that thread is created. Today is my first sober day in what I hope becomes a lifetime of sobriety. Peace and Blessings to all !!
Old 09-28-2017, 12:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Rob and welcome back.

I first joined in August 2014, made it for about 3 months at the time and then fell off the sober bus. Just signed back in this month, for very similar reasons as you.

Feel free to join me and the others in the September 2017 class!

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-2-a-20.html

Old 09-28-2017, 12:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

home Rob
Old 09-28-2017, 12:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome back!
Old 09-28-2017, 04:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Rob
I really encourage you to read around and post as much as you like - see what people are doing to make their recovery permanent

D