What are you doing for you this weekend?

Old 09-22-2017, 10:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What are you doing for you this weekend?

Today I am leaving work early to meet my sister and her two little boys at the beach. Fall has given us a very warm beginning to the season so we want to take full advantage of it. Afterward, her husband is picking up the children and she is coming over to my house to relax and hang out. Then we are going to get dressed and meet our best friends for dinner outside downtown. She normally does not come over because of Abf. It felt nice when she asked today and I could say a big warm yes. I love that she even wanted to.

Tomorrow we are also going to be going to a baby shower luncheon for our dear friend. Then I am going to spend the rest of the afternoon cleaning (I love to clean!). Take the dog to the park when the hot sun goes down, and probably visit my parents.

What are YOU doing for yourself to have some fun and serenity this weekend?
Old 09-22-2017, 10:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My AH is going to a football game this weekend, so I will be working my a$$ off to complete my online course.
Old 09-22-2017, 10:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have had a really busy and productive week so am planning to relax over the weekend. Got visitor coming tomorrow which will be nice.
Old 09-22-2017, 10:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
09/26/2015

I am going to catch up on my shows or as my grandma called them "stories". I need to do something for someone else, I have been such a selfish and cantankerous person this week, it is the only antidote for that behavior.
Old 09-22-2017, 10:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have four more shows this weekend and my husband will be at our theatre company's retreat so we will be missing each other until Sunday evening. So I am working from home this afternoon to hang out with him some more, and then I will just enjoy the weekend mornings' alone time, with my writing, my reading, and my tea.
Old 09-22-2017, 11:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Dealing with the hurricane & it's aftermath put me off my normal self-care schedule just when it was more important than ever. This week is all about recouping those missed moments. Every day I have been slowly working back up to my normal yoga & walking/step workouts. Every night I have been back to my guided meditations after searching out some new stuff on youtube, just to change it up a bit.

Yesterday DD & I had haircuts, lunch at a new place (new to us) & then I took her to a local chocolatier for an extra-special dessert. After I dropped her at home, I met with a friend for drinks & apps before we attended a psychic development class that we both enjoy whenever we can find time for it.

Today I am deep-cleaning my office space/desk so that my space is clean & cozy. DD & I have acupuncture later this afternoon & then I have a DIY facial & pedicure station already set up at home in my master bed/bathroom along with a new show on Netflix to binge on. (we may take a run down to the beach instead & do some yoga in nature for a while but nothing confirmed yet - if so, I'll move the DIY routine to Sat morning.)

Tomorrow I will sleep in, work out, dye my eyelashes, nap & then attend a birthday party for a friend before going out for a late dinner & night of live music & dancing.

Sunday is our rescheduled local Peace Day (in observation of International Peace Day) so DD & I will attend the festival to support our favorite local businesses, saturate in the peace & stuff ourselves on vegan cupcakes.
Old 09-22-2017, 11:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

FireSprite that sounds wonderful, except DYE YOUR EYELASHES!!! This gives me major anxiety for you friend!!!
Old 09-22-2017, 11:16 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Never fear hopeful! I use a product specifically formulated for eyes... not regular hair dye!

Blue Black No. 2 - RefectoCil
Old 09-22-2017, 11:16 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Looks like I will be on my own a lot of the weekend. I plan to go on a couple of walks (with my dogs if it's not too hot), find something to binge watch on Netflix, finish my laundry (I know, work, but it will be good for my soul to actually have it ALL finished), go to church, and just enjoy being home and relaxing. I clean every other weekend at my office and have already gotten it all done, so I won't have to come back to work, yay!
Old 09-22-2017, 11:57 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Got uni placement work all day tomorrow. Then uni reading to do on Sunday after church. Probably cook a nice roast for tea that day for me and the boys if I get time lol
Old 09-22-2017, 12:16 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'm going apple picking at the local orchard with the children. Then I will make some apple turnovers.
Old 09-22-2017, 12:22 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm going to a renaissance festival with my "entourage". The kids bought me a ticket because I've been so stressed out.
Old 09-22-2017, 07:20 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Love this question Smarie! Tonight I cooked some pudding for my son and now I'm watching tv - in bed - so relaxing. Tomorrow morning I'm going on the hunt for this very steep and high hill near my neighborhood so I can exercise on it every weekend. I can see it from my morning commute but I don't know how to get to it. Then son and I will go get some plants for a tiny fall garden and get them in the ground. Next I'll enjoy some time packing up more of XAH's stuff. Hopefully I'll bake some banana bread, take a nap and then head over to my sister's to hang out and talk. Long walk Sunday morning followed by ....banana bread and tea. Hope to do a little writing Sunday afternoon and take the boy to dinner Sunday evening. Life is so peaceful and happy right now. Happy weekend to everyone.
Old 09-22-2017, 11:35 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Work, work, work
Old 09-24-2017, 05:42 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I just loved reading these posts! Sounds like everyone has some great stuff planned. Sorry for those who have to work . But if it's for you then that is always a good thing.

I tried taking the dog on a walk too but halfway in she laid on the ground and was not about to move any longer! Late season heatwave means much shorter walks!

I decided to sleep at mom and dad's so this morning woke up so comfortable knowing nobody will be knocking on my door
Old 09-24-2017, 06:41 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Glad you have some peace at least for now - keep doing for YOU