Notices

Day 6 first time detox

Old 09-21-2017, 03:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 6 first time detox

5 beers a day for 2 years gal decided to quit on my own. 3rd day I had major panic, anxiety, heart beat and blood pressure felt like I was going to explode. I made a cup of tea with a small amount of marijuana in it and it calmed me down. Now Day 6, it happened again, I thought I was done for, slugged down some more weed tea and went to the ER, they ran tests, put in an iv and gave me some Ativan. And a small amount to take home. The dr told me she felt I was almost out of the woods, thankfully! Oh man I felt like I was going to live at last, I'm going to try to return to work tomorrow . Wished I'd have listened and went sooner,! That's my day six story,
Old 09-21-2017, 04:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

You're probably done with the worse physical symptoms. Now the real work begins. Staying quit. You can do it! You don't want to go thru that again and remember how awful it was when you start feeling better. In fact, right it down so you can refer to it later.
Old 09-21-2017, 04:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JD View Post
You're probably done with the worse physical symptoms. Now the real work begins. Staying quit. You can do it! You don't want to go thru that again and remember how awful it was when you start feeling better. In fact, right it down so you can refer to it later.
Oh you bet I want to remember it was the worst thing I ever went through in my life!!! And I bore two sons!!!!!! I swear I don't want to live like I was or what I just went through! Now I will turn the page!
Old 09-21-2017, 04:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you are doing well. I hope you keep posting to let us know how you are doing.
Old 09-21-2017, 04:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear you had a rough day Looey.
Promise it will get better. Stick with it you deserve to be free of this!
Old 09-21-2017, 05:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you for all your encouragement and for being here. This is so so helpful to have found this soberrecovery page!!!