Notices

Day five

Old 09-20-2017, 09:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day five

Hi this is my first time quitting alcohol. I drank 5 beers every night for a year. I began to get dizzy at work, went to ER had all vitals and tests came back fine. I decided to quit 5 days ago Ct and day three I went through racing heart, fast pulse, and anxiety. That subsided, now on day five I still feel anxiety and not quite normal. When will I feel better?
Old 09-20-2017, 09:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well done on 5 days Looey.
I am no expert and I am sure there will be more experienced people than me to help with specifics.

The universal rule is though that the longer you stay away from alcohol the better you will feel so keep it up!
Old 09-20-2017, 09:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Silverback4 View Post
Well done on 5 days Looey.
I am no expert and I am sure there will be more experienced people than me to help with specifics.

The universal rule is though that the longer you stay away from alcohol the better you will feel so keep it up!
Thank you so much. I just hope I'll feel better very soon. I don't ever want to drink again. I didn't realize that I was addicted and that this would happen to me!
Old 09-20-2017, 10:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

In my experience and from reading around, the first 5 days tend to be the worst. Good news is, you'll start to feel a lot better very soon and you never have to feel like this again
Be proud in that you came and found the forums - so many people don't. We are the lucky ones
Old 09-20-2017, 10:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It usually takes me at least full week to start to feel back to normal. It will get better😊

Good job on 5 days!!!
Old 09-20-2017, 10:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you zanna I will never do this again!!!!!
Old 09-20-2017, 10:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Your doing well Looey. I was drinking 12 beers every night and when I quit I felt the same symptoms. Sweating, hands shaking, massive anxiety, insomnia ect. Day 3 was the worst but after that each day got a little better. Give it a few more days, you'll pull through and your anxiety should lessen. If not, go see your Dr. and be honest about your drinking.
Old 09-20-2017, 10:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi looey and welcome.
I'm by no means an expert but I have experienced the racing heart fast pulse which is so scary and makes your anxiety worse . Just remember that the alcohol did this to you so staying away from it will allow you to never feel like that again.
I have found personally the addiction is a very slow process, 10 years ago I would never have woken up and start drinking a litre of vodka at 11 am Saturday morning. It takes a lot of time and effort to get that bad and boy did I give it 100%.
Not every day but when I drank I gave it my all! I'm back on day 3 after a relapse so there are plent of people here in the same boat. Good luck my friend!
Old 09-20-2017, 11:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing charli . We will get through this
Old 09-20-2017, 11:32 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Great job getting to day 5. Yeah, you'll feel like crap for a while but it gets better. I found long, long walks really helped with my anxiety (if you can manage it) also massage is good. It does start to get easier, just be kind to yourself. Your body has been through a lot. And keep posting here!
Old 09-20-2017, 01:15 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gabe1980 View Post
Great job getting to day 5. Yeah, you'll feel like crap for a while but it gets better. I found long, long walks really helped with my anxiety (if you can manage it) also massage is good. It does start to get easier, just be kind to yourself. Your body has been through a lot. And keep posting here!
All the drinking that I've done is not worth the hell of getting off of alcohol.
Old 09-20-2017, 08:31 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Looey View Post
Thank you zanna I will never do this again!!!!!
You're welcome Looey - Just do like I did, don't drink 'today' - It really works - I have 9 months and 12 days of 'just for today' now x
Old 09-20-2017, 09:50 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

We;re all diufferent Looey - iof you had anxiety problems nbefore then it might take a little ounselling to fix - if this is a new thing some people feel bnetter soponer than others.

I any case 5 days is probably a little too soon to expect to much improvement.

I hope you'll be feeling better in your second week tho

D
Old 09-21-2017, 02:33 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Well done for 5 days Looey , its not easy in those early few days but does get better. If you feel too bad give your doctor a call .
Old 09-21-2017, 03:16 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Looey, hows day 6 going? hope your well.

(Not sure where you are in the world so assuming its day 6 for you)
Old 09-21-2017, 04:14 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Silverback4 View Post
Looey, hows day 6 going? hope your well.

(Not sure where you are in the world so assuming its day 6 for you)
Hi, I'm seeing that there are some really nice caring people on this site and it makes me happy! Day 6, I'm hoping to get up and feel like a million bucks! I'm thinking of things that I'm going to be able to do soon, like go shopping, out to dinner, camping, maybe a train ride for lunch in another town, who knows. All these fun things were out of the question because my life outside of work centered around my boozing it up at home. I still feel foggy. Hope it all gets better today! I thank everyone who posted on my thread, and I wish you a great day!!
( I'm in calif.)
Old 09-21-2017, 04:53 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thats great Looey, its amazing how excited you can get thinking of and planning all of the simple enjoyable things we can do in life free from alcohol exactly like the things you reference above.

Take things easy and be kind to yourself first and foremost, the fog will clear.
Old 09-21-2017, 01:56 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Give it some time, your brain and body are adjusting to no alcohol...it will take at least a good month or less. but keep up the good work my friend!
Old 09-21-2017, 03:33 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Congratulations on Day 6, Looey. You're among friends who care - you can do this.