Notices

Day 8 no alcohol (upset)

Old 09-20-2017, 08:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 8 no alcohol (upset)

So yesterday night when I got home from work. One of my girlfriends was having some guy troubles and she was at the local bar/pub and she needed some support so I went there to meet her. She was drinking a beer in front of me and I didn't even FLINCH! I have NO craving for alcohol what so ever! I was able to give her the great advise she needed without having a drop of booze. I felt really proud of myself.

Today started off well, then my husband said something that upset me...he brought up his ex girlfriend kind of rubbed me the wrong way. I know he didn't intentionally mean to hurt me..but why bring up your ex girlfriend from 10 years ago who cheated on you? I don't know I guess i'm just fragile and hearing about her doesn't help. Whatever. I won't go too deep into details because it's extremely petty and I probably shouldn't even really be upset about it in the first place.

Don't worry that wont make me drink lol i'm still going strong.
love you guys!!!!!! Thanks for listening
Old 09-20-2017, 09:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well done Ashley, especially spending some time at the bar and not drinking.

Hats Off
Old 09-20-2017, 09:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

During the first month of stopping drinking I would go into terrible moods . If I burnt my toast I would feel sad , the smallest things would set me off . I am happy to report this eased off considerably .
Great that you helped your friend and you didn't think about a drink . I would probably have asked her to meet in a cafe or MacDonalds though .

Glad you feel strong about your sobriety .
Old 09-20-2017, 10:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good job Ash!

Perhaps your most favourite place was at home with the wine? Watch out for that craving when you start to reminisce your old routine.

Good job !
Old 09-20-2017, 10:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good job Ash...