Book suggestions?

Old 09-19-2017, 10:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Book suggestions?

Hello All- I have the stickies' recommendations, and I got a lot of good books from here. I am so ready to move now- seeing a good counselor, starting to think about creating a life. Can anyone recommend a book about what life is like after leaving an abusive, alcoholic? How to move on in a healthy way- I just ordered a book called Elegant Choices that looks good. So many books are about what to do if you are in an abusive relationship. I don't have to make that decision anymore. I am out. I have to make some choices and decisions based on a new way of life- I admit to feeling lost. Thanks!!!
Old 09-20-2017, 05:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Qtpi,
I don't have any book recommendations. I am just sending you support. It does slowly get better over time. Life changes, and for me change is not easy. I force myself to always have the "plus one" attitude, help others. Even with my codependency towards others, that is where I find my true joy. But no longer in a sick way.

Be kind to yourself, this is God's plan for us and we just have to follow it. Hugs!!
Old 09-20-2017, 07:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Some of the easy reading books I’ve enjoyed are from Al-anon, they are called;

Courage to Change

Many Voice One Journey

In All Our Affairs