Starting to skip now!

Old 09-15-2017, 08:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Starting to skip now!

Hi Everyone,

Expect to hear from me more and more as I count down to my big move. I'm sure I will waffle back and forth on my feelings and I plan to share all of them with you guys. Lucky!

I feel those twinges of guilt but I force myself to quickly remember that I'm doing this for me now. I know it's going to get worse and I am prepared for the fighting. But, I'm determined to go and finally have a good life. This life is mine now...I'm taking it back from that bottle. I can feel myself getting stronger and so much more excited.

Do you know how long it's been since I've felt this way?? 12 years! I don't consider it wasted because I learned a lot about myself and I was able to raise children, which I wouldn't have gotten to do otherwise. I'm actually proud of myself. I dealt with this nightmare and still managed to hold down a great job, raise 4 kids into awesome, responsible adults and didn't break. I wanted to break and I felt hopeless and helpless sometimes, but I got up every day and I did what I had to do. For everyone else, though. Now, I'm going to do it for me and my happiness.

He just walked into the house while I'm typing this. I'm sick to my stomach and shaking now. This is one thing I won't miss. This feeling right here.
Old 09-15-2017, 08:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sending you an admiring hug.

You go!
Old 09-15-2017, 10:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Old 09-15-2017, 10:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

honeypig.....That statement is EXACTLY how I was able to divorce my children's father and not ever look back!!!!!!!!

The idea of never, ever, feeling free to be my own self seemed so much like a living death that there just wasn't even another option......
Old 09-15-2017, 01:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Love that quote, Honeypig! I'm going to print it off and frame it.