Notices

New and lost

Old 10-25-2004, 05:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face New and lost

Hi everyone im Dar. This looks like a great place but I am confused as to where I belong so let me give you a little info on my situation. I am the Sister of a recovering addict. My brother will be clean 3yrs come February 2005. He hasnt had a drink or drug since then but he is out of controll in other areas of his life (woman,money etc..) the list continues. I would love someone to talk to who understands. I can not speak to any of my immidiate family members, they pretend its just not happening and they continue to enable him. If anyone can lend an ear, give advice PLEASE do.

Sincerely,
Dar
Old 10-25-2004, 06:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

(((((Dar)))))),

Welcome to Sober Recovery!!! It is easy for an addict who is not in recovery to get out of control. There is not a lot we as loved ones can do. Is he seeking your advice? I am here and can meet you in the chat room if you would like......
Old 10-25-2004, 06:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Dar,

Welcome and feel free to post and read anywhere on this board. You might like to check out the Families and Friends of Alcoholics or the NarAnon forums on this board. You'll find lots of people in similar situations to yours on those forums.

Anna
Old 10-25-2004, 01:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

NarAnon

Hi Dar,

51anna gave you a great suggestion, find a NarAnon or Al-Anon meeting near your home and start attending. You will find a lot of people there that know exactly what you are talking about, and know exactly the way you feel. Even if you don't like your first few meeting, just keep going. You will find a solution to your problem(s).

Jim