I need some positive thoughts, prayers, etc.

Old 10-25-2004, 05:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I need some positive thoughts, prayers, etc.

Well, my lawyer's appointment is in 3 weeks. I've been feeling nervous this whole past week about it. I know it's coming - and coming soon.

I have a dentist appointment next week. It's a big one! (And is going to cost me a couple hundred dollars!) I have the money already, but I know that this appointment is a big one and I'm feeling kind of fearful.

But most of all...................I am in desperate need of a vehicle to get me through winter! It has usually snowed here by now. I believe my HP is looking out for me this year!
Because I worked third shift and AH worked 1st shift, we always shared his vehicle. However, since we are split up and now I"m on 1st shift - the reality is that I need a vehicle for winter. The one that I have is nice - but was not made for winter weather! And I"m not exaggerating. It truly is not a winter vehicle as it will not go on snow!
So I am going to spend this week out car hunting. I have very little money and don't want to get a big loan if at all possible. I just need something to get me through winter!
Every morning I wake up and I fear looking outside. I'm so afraid that I will wake up to a snow-covered world and I will be stuck with no way to get to work, etc. I worry at work all day that when it's time to leave, I will find that it has snowed while I am at work!

While I'm trying to stay calm and trying to have faith that all will work out, I still have these nervous thoughts about the above.
So if you could all please just send me some thoughts and/or prayers, I could really use them.

(I hope I don't sound whiny, I just really need to get these things taken care of and I'm trying. But I hate feeling edgy all the time.)

Thanks in advance for being here for me.
Old 10-25-2004, 05:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

StandingStrong - A wise person once told me that God will never give you more than you can handle. I personally have been through a lot and so far its proven to be true. Hang in there and trust in your HP to take care of you.

(((((hugs))))))
Jessica
Old 10-25-2004, 06:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

standing - the lawyer thing would be enough to make anyone nervous. you are making responsible decisions to improve your quality of life. may you find serenity in the upcoming weeks.

i will also pray to our hp for your car situation - he does provide when we are in need!

you ARE "standing strong"
Old 10-25-2004, 06:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((Standing)))
Prayers and hugs coming your way.
L
Old 10-25-2004, 08:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

No, you're not whining. You're voicing your thoughts and concerns. Whiny is when you complain about nothing.

I too would be concerned about the upcoming weather. I do have a car that will do snow, but I don't. I am terrified to drive in bad weather. The first time I went out in a storm, I wound up between a mail box and a stone wall.

I've got a dentist appointment this week too. Probably have to have a root canal. I am not looking forward to that.

Have you ever tried meditation? It works wonders in calming you down and relieving stress. You can go online and find sites that will give you different examples of meditation. Several weeks ago, Newsweek did a big write up on mind/body connection. They have examples of meditation.

And, of course, prayer. This was quoted as being the most popular form of meditation.

Breath.......................

Hugs, Kathy
Old 10-25-2004, 09:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Your HP will provide what you need when the time is right. Trust in that and in yourself.
Hugs
Kat
Old 10-25-2004, 10:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Gracey

prayers and hugs coming your way

Old 10-25-2004, 11:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Praying for ya, StandingStrong. Praying that you find no problems when it snows, that your visits to lawyer and dentist turn out well, that you keep your serenity no matter what happens. You've been wonderful in helping me when my serenity was "mising in action", so I know you've got plenty of serenity of your own.

Oh yeah, and I'll pray for a really warm winter too

Mike :-)