Notices

Day 19, saw my Dr.

Old 09-14-2017, 08:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 19, saw my Dr.

Day 19 and another sober day. I saw my Dr. yesterday and I went completely honest on her about the meds she has me on, my previous drinking and how I'm feeling. She was very glad I opened up and appreciated my honesty about my past drinking as I never really told her how much I drank. Anyhow, she took me off the sleeping med (zopiclone) thank god, it was killing me. She put me on something called mirtazipine to help with my depression, anxiety and insomnia. I've suffered with all 3 of these since I was a child and it's been a constant struggle through out my life. I took it last night before bed (with apprehension) as taking any meds now gives me anxiety because I'm so worried they'll make my anxiety worse. Anyhow, it didn't zonk me out which is good; it made me a tad drowsy and I relaxed the best I could. The next thing I know, my alarm is going off.... Wow, I slept the entire night finally. Now the downside is, I still feel somewhat drowsy this morning at work and feel like I could go back to bed(I wish). I'm hoping this will get better in the next week or so, I'd like to stick with it and give it time to work, and now that I'm sober maybe this med will have the chance to work. I'm sick of bouncing from one med to another because (in my sick mind) there not doing what I want them to immediately. I knew this while drinking but didn't seem to care at the time, but meds tend not to mix or work well with alcohol, no sh**. Anyways, as I'm trying to grow my faith in god, I'll try and put some faith in this. Thats it for my rant. Enjoy your day sober folks
Old 09-14-2017, 08:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That sounds like great progress Hats. I'm sure the new medication and some quality sleep will make a big difference. Plus the benefit of having a good doc on your side too!
Old 09-14-2017, 05:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Give the meds a little time to bed in. I suspect you won;t feel as drowsy during the day after a week or two Hats

Congrats on 19 days

D
Old 09-15-2017, 05:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Very good progress!