Notices

I wanted to drink

Old 09-13-2017, 09:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I wanted to drink

Hi my sober famiky, today for no logical reason I figure out, all I wanted was a drink, I went to 4 AA meetings, spoke to my sponsor and several other people.
This beast is a mean old man. I did not give in but I've never wanted to so bad. I told myself, stay up all night eat pie, do whatever it takes, to not put that cap in my body. I know I'm gonna make it, bars close in 3 hours here, stores won't sell in another hour. I'm fighting like crazy and I won't give in tomorrow is another day, and I'm gonna make it, I just had to post.
Thanks Mick
Old 09-13-2017, 10:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Tons of support here Mick - you can do this
You won't regret waking up sober in the morning

D
Old 09-13-2017, 10:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Mick.

Glad you're leaning into this one.

Maybe use the step 1 prayer and do a gratitide list if you haven't done so yet. Posting on here to help other newcomers is great for getting some perspective back as well.

The other thing that might be useful are the speaker recordings - they're organised into steps or individual speakers on this site... https://www.recoveryaudio.org/step-2-speaker-tapes

Sandy Beach, Earl Hightower Charlie and Clancy - they've all helped me get through some tricky patches.

Take care.
BB
Old 09-13-2017, 10:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Mick,

You certainly amped up the supports tonight, great job! Hope the feeling has passed, and that you have a wonderful day tomorrow.
Old 09-13-2017, 10:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Berrybean View Post
Hi Mick.

Glad you're leaning into this one.

Maybe use the step 1 prayer and do a gratitide list if you haven't done so yet. Posting on here to help other newcomers is great for getting some perspective back as well.

The other thing that might be useful are the speaker recordings - they're organised into steps or individual speakers on this site... https://www.recoveryaudio.org/step-2-speaker-tapes

Sandy Beach, Earl Hightower Charlie and Clancy - they've all helped me get through some tricky patches.

Take care.
BB
I'm listinening to Sandy B, and drop the rock right now 2 hours till bars close, I'm gonna fricken make it. Thank you
Old 09-13-2017, 11:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

"Practical experience shows that nothing will so much insure immunity from drinking as intensive work with other alcoholics." P89

"Stability comes out of giving, not receiving" Bill W.

It seems surprising that this fundamental principle of the program is hardly ever mentioned these days when it works so well for the alcoholic who is trying to fight off the obsession.