hope

Old 09-11-2017, 05:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hope

Hi everyone
Today I went to a meeting in alanon..the topic was hope...this is something that was pretty foreign to me the past few years. thanks to SR and alanon I have hope

I've been trying to get the courage to look for work but my self-esteem is at rock bottom.

Two days ago I got a a phone call from a lady I worked for about coming back to work(10 years since I worked there) I'm still scared incase I've forgotten everything but going to give it a go...my rah didn't like the idea but I told him it was for me.that I need a life outside of the home.so fingers crossed I don't make a complete ass of myself tommorow .
Old 09-11-2017, 06:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hope breathes love into life.
Old 09-11-2017, 06:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sorry I am not familiar with your story, but is RAH the only reason you are not working at this time? I just started volunteer work and Abf is not thrilled about it. I believe it's about control and feeling they are losing their codependent and enabler when they see us getting stronger and more independent.

Have you tried to work in the past but couldn't because of his problems, or did he forbid you?
Old 09-11-2017, 06:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

you go cuz you know what you know, you are who you are and you can do what YOU can do that no one else can. work doesn't call TEN years later unless you contributed something unique and essential.

just be you.....the calm confident you that is responding to The Universe. Here I am.....thanks.
Old 09-12-2017, 12:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
Hope breathes love into life.
Thanks Phoenix.
Old 09-12-2017, 05:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Smarie78 View Post
Sorry I am not familiar with your story, but is RAH the only reason you are not working at this time? I just started volunteer work and Abf is not thrilled about it. I believe it's about control and feeling they are losing their codependent and enabler when they see us getting stronger and more independent.

Have you tried to work in the past but couldn't because of his problems, or did he forbid you?
Hi Smarie

A few reasons why I hadn't been working I fostered my niece 10 years ago and was advised to give up work as alot of meeting were necessary.

Had tried to go back a few years ago but rah didn't like his wages going down as tax credit would change...I gave that up as I was too tired to argue with him and do a cleaning job on top of it..

Yes I see how easily it was to be controlled,(who would mind the kids ,who will make the dinner?)I think he liked being able to look down on me and have an unpaid skivvies at home...but today I got a job and I hope never to be in a position where I have to rely on him financially .
Old 09-12-2017, 05:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
you go cuz you know what you know, you are who you are and you can do what YOU can do that no one else can. work doesn't call TEN years later unless you contributed something unique and essential.

just be you.....the calm confident you that is responding to The Universe. Here I am.....thanks.
Hi anvil
I got the job.Yip told her I was nervous didn't remember all the recipes but I know I was really good once and will be again
Old 09-12-2017, 06:26 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congratulations. I am really pleased for you.
Old 09-12-2017, 06:35 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LeeJane View Post
Congratulations. I am really pleased for you.
Thanks lee Jane

I feel like I'm stepping back 10 year to have a do over and hopefully get it right this time.thank you HP
Old 09-12-2017, 08:32 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

dawnrun, at the time things were really going downhill w/XAH, I also returned to a job I'd had 10 years earlier. (I had been working all through the marriage, but the field I'd been in for the last 9 years, medical transcription, was no longer a good one.)

It turned out to be the right move. It got me physically active and out among people, plus it was work I liked (and am in fact still doing).

I wish you well tomorrow and look forward to hearing from you about how things went!