Notices

Hurricane Irma is coming...

Old 09-08-2017, 05:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hurricane Irma is coming...

...and my family is driving me crazy. Not their fault... We're just very different people and spending more time with them in the last year than the fifteen years previous has more than demonstrated that. My mother had to evacuate so we brought way more of our things than was necessary to my brother's apartment to ride it out. Preparation was tough; days of togetherness with no electricity to provide that Netflix/texting/Candy Crush barrier is going to be tougher. My brother isn't an alcoholic but he doesn't drink and he doesn't keep booze at his place so there's no risk, but it's gonna be a bumpy road. Kind of just venting, I guess. Keep me in your thoughts and prayers.
Old 09-08-2017, 05:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I will. Myriad people in close quarters can really get on your last nerve!

Hope Irma's somehow not as bad as they're predicting.
Old 09-08-2017, 05:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

We'll be thinking of you, Anustart. At least everyone will be safe.
Old 09-08-2017, 05:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I hear ya, Anustart...on the west coast of FL and I'll be heading to a friend's after work tomorrow....thought I'd ride it out at home, but I'm right by the bay and that thing just keeps shifting this way. Sure wakes up the AV....

Hoping we all make it through okay....I plan on keeping in touch here as long as we have electricity!
Old 09-08-2017, 06:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anustart View Post
...and my family is driving me crazy. Not their fault... We're just very different people and spending more time with them in the last year than the fifteen years previous has more than demonstrated that. My mother had to evacuate so we brought way more of our things than was necessary to my brother's apartment to ride it out. Preparation was tough; days of togetherness with no electricity to provide that Netflix/texting/Candy Crush barrier is going to be tougher. My brother isn't an alcoholic but he doesn't drink and he doesn't keep booze at his place so there's no risk, but it's gonna be a bumpy road. Kind of just venting, I guess. Keep me in your thoughts and prayers.
I'm riding out Irma too. I'm a little terrified.
Old 09-08-2017, 06:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
I hear ya, Anustart...on the west coast of FL and I'll be heading to a friend's after work tomorrow....thought I'd ride it out at home, but I'm right by the bay and that thing just keeps shifting this way. Sure wakes up the AV....

Hoping we all make it through okay....I plan on keeping in touch here as long as we have electricity!
I'm on the west side as well (bay area). I will be checking in here often. I almost had a slip today and finally came to my senses. Be safe. Prayers.
Old 09-08-2017, 06:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Boxer

Irma is on the way and she is p#ssed! Stay safe everyone, this one is exceptionally unpredictable
Old 09-08-2017, 06:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Best wishes and prayers to you and your family, nustart.

D
Old 09-08-2017, 06:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Praying for u all
Old 09-08-2017, 07:32 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anustart View Post
Please stay safe with your family. It is times like this that you need those closest to you. As annoying as it is from the stress (which is completely understandable under these circumstances) you will appreciate your family when you look back years from now. Sending you best wishes and prayer is going up for you tonight!
Old 09-08-2017, 11:50 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thinking of you all in Florida . My neice and family are out there so i feel concern for their safety . Her Mum and Dad were to fly out this coming Friday but I dont know the geography of the area , must get in touch with her .
Old 09-09-2017, 03:01 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Good luck to all those affected by Irma.
Old 09-09-2017, 03:06 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

My thoughts and prayers are with anyone in its path.
Old 09-09-2017, 03:24 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

From across the miles, very best wishes to all those who will deal with the challenges Irma may bring. Thinking of you.
Old 09-09-2017, 03:28 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
I will. Myriad people in close quarters can really get on your last nerve!

Hope Irma's somehow not as bad as they're predicting.
Yes, it will be unfortunately.
Old 09-09-2017, 03:47 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Boxer

Tampa floods terribly with a solid rain, especially downtown. It will be an interesting weekend for sure. Stay safe Fla fam
Old 09-09-2017, 04:08 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I am thinking and praying for you all sending out a ton of strength and love. I hope you all stay safe.
Old 09-09-2017, 05:55 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Boxer1 View Post
Tampa floods terribly with a solid rain, especially downtown. It will be an interesting weekend for sure. Stay safe Fla fam
Used to live just outside downtown Tampa. You're right; that area floods easily. Got stuck in a flood in that area a few years ago. Had to abandon my car and wade through the water to get to a gas station to get a cab. Cost me around $600 for car repairs. That area is sure to be under water for a long time. I knew someone that worked for the city. She told me that back in the day the city planners didn't consider the possibility of flooding, so didn't take that into account when making plans. Crazy. John