Notices

Self Improvent

Old 10-24-2004, 03:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Self Improvent

As a drug addict and someone who has been a chronic relapser I have wondered what I can do different this time?I have now begun a journal for the first time ever.And I also came accross a site offering self improvement classes on-line for addicts and whoever.These on-line work books cost $12 each and each course is about 30 days.I signed up for the first course last night.Here is the link if anyone is intrested.http://www.higherawareness.com/
Old 10-24-2004, 04:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Red face

Thanks for the link! It's good to hear you are trying to do things differently this time. You know the saying, "Nothing changes if nothing changes."

Hugs--
Old 10-25-2004, 12:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanx Lulu.I just woke from a bad dream.Now I am having serious cravings.Its a little after midnight here.I am going to lay back down.I went to 2 meetings Sunday.Then went to some friends house also in recovery and watched Van Hessling.I am still having a hard time.I just finished writing a little in my journal.
Old 10-25-2004, 12:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ditto

I'm glad you posted your message. My first AA meeting was just of 22 years ago, and it has taken me that long to finally get 4 quality years of sobriety.

Even though I have taken many inventories since I got sober this time, I still am not sure why I relapsed so frequently, for 18 long years. The one thing I did radically different this past attempt was checking myself into rehab; into Hazelton at Springbrook (near Portland, OR).

This changed my life, and changed my entire view of recovery and relapse. I am NOT trying to tell you that you have to do this, I am telling you that it worked for me. They have a website, and you can call them (800-333-3712) for a free intake assesment.

Good luck, I have been in your shoes many times and didn't like it.

Jim
Old 10-25-2004, 01:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Learning To Let It Be

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.