Notices

A big dark cloud hanging over me.

Old 09-06-2017, 08:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A big dark cloud hanging over me.

Hey hey soberfriends

I try to stay as positive as possible, but I feel like I've been struggling lately.

I feel worried and sad a lot, like some disaster is waiting around the corner.

And I think a lot of that is people peddle misery. Namely social media and news sites. So I've decided to cut them out and live a more psychologically healthy life. Along with dieting and quitting alcohol and smoking and what not, that I can look forward to one day in the future not feeling so down all the time.
Old 09-06-2017, 08:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hope your feeling happier soon Andagain

Spoil yourself a little!
Old 09-06-2017, 08:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I got rid of cable TV in 2007 and can't get local stations where I live, so it's Netflix or nothing. I haven't watched commercials or TV news or current TV shows since then unless I'm somewhere where it's playing in the background. I don't get a newspaper and only rarely go to internet news sites, and that's usually only if there is a big weather event, I love natural wonders. My internet "home page" is something light and positive.

I managed to stay out of political discussions of all sorts this last cycle and the world appears to still be turning. I figure if something catastrophic happens I don't need to know any faster than necessary. When people start catastrophizing I walk away. It's pretty serene in my little bubble.

I stopped all social media except this site and myfitnesspal, and a couple small forums I belong to. That's plenty.

I think you'll like it.
Old 09-06-2017, 08:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm sorry to hear you are feeling so down. Have you tried any alternative therapies? I know massage works really well for me and can help lift my mindset and relieve anxiety. It can be quite pricey but some towns have discounted sessions at community centres. I'm not sure if they do where you are but maybe worth looking into?
Old 09-06-2017, 09:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi , Sorry you feel like this . I relate to that feeling of impending doom its not pleasant I got like that in early recovery from a binge but it does lift . As above try and stay away from news channels ,newspapers , serious debates etc . As culture says be kind to your self ,give your self a treat or two .
Old 09-06-2017, 10:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
totfit

Something that really helps me is exercise, getting outside and enjoying nature of which we are a part. I can get bogged down in news, politics and social media also, but those are all just creations of man. They Universe is a vast majestic wonder and it is just too wonderful to get caught up in the "small stuff". No matter how large an issue seems, it is just "small stuff".