Notices

10 Days Sober

Old 09-05-2017, 02:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

10 Days Sober

Hi all,
I'm newly sober and having a difficult time managing my anxiety and thoughts today; if feel like I'm loosing my mind..... Yesterday was much the same but not nearly as bad as today. I can hardly wait for work to end and get to a AA meeting, I've been going to a meeting everyday since being sober and it helps so much. I also have a sponsor I'm in contact with daily. I've been praying constantly and reading. Everything seems so unbearable right now I'm in tears. Will this get any better
Old 09-05-2017, 03:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

This isn't my first rodeo but I am newly sober too again. Getting through the first month can be tough, and so can dealing with emotions we have stunted so much through drinking. I see you are just a province over too
Good for you for going to a meeting every day and for talking with your sponsor. It does get better- keep reminding yourself that!! And just don't drink today.
Old 09-05-2017, 03:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hang on, just keep doing the right things.

Early sobriety is pretty raw. Everything seems super annoyingly amplified.

Give it time, it's so worth sticking to it. One day at a time.

p.s. Day nine was my worst day. It started improving soon after that - but some days are definitely better than others.
Old 09-05-2017, 07:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It does get better. The early days are kind of like washing up on a deserted island -- no shelter, no routine, lots of anxiety. This will change as you build a sober life.

Be easy on yourself and remember that even finishing small tasks give a sense of accomplishment. For me, on some days watering a plant and unloading the dishwasher was good enough
Old 09-05-2017, 07:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

JoHio and welcoem Hts
Don;t worry things will get better - none of us would be here if they didn;t

There's a lot of support here- use it - you're not alone

D
Old 09-05-2017, 08:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey Hats I'm right there with you. Today will start my day 10. Doing and feeling the same way as you. Been to at least 1 AA meeting a day and had my first one-on-one with my Sponsor to start working the steps. It hasn't been easy but def the support from AA, from these forums, and wherever I can find it helps. I started reading the stories in the forum of those who had over a year of sobriety. It's on another section of the forum. Probably read 20 or more last night. Very inspiring would def suggest! Stay strong!
Old 09-06-2017, 10:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
sober style

Hats off to you for 10 days, that's great! Hang in there.
Old 09-06-2017, 10:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hats, how are you doing today? I hope you're feeling better.
Old 09-07-2017, 05:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks all for the kind words and encouragement. I just realizes how to view replies to my post lol
Old 09-07-2017, 05:23 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

It's day 12 and today was a little better, well a improvement over the last 2 days. Going to meetings and talking with my sponsor regularly is helping me sooo much. I had a breakdown in front of him 2 days ago, I was in some kind of emotional tail spin and he encouraged me to let it all out and did. It felt good as I've bottled so much crap up over the years. I have some hope right now and I'm praying constantly just to get through the days and keep some sanity. My sponsor is going to get me started on the steps next week, going through the BB with a work book. I've done this years ago and remember how rewarding/empowering it was. It changed my thinking and my way of life and connected me with God, I became very reliant on my higher power. Then..... well I lost it all and I resent myself because of it. Needless to say, I'm excited to get back into the steps again, I need these steps to get my life back, to let God back into my life.

Here's to another sober day
Old 09-07-2017, 06:32 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hang in there, certainly the first two weeks were the most difficult in my experience. Nice job!!