Last Resort; please help.

Old 09-05-2017, 01:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Last Resort; please help.

My mom has been abusing prescription pills (such as Percocet and Xanax) for as long as I can remember - I am now 24 years old.
When I was in 2nd grade, my mom got into a horrible car accident (under the influence of pills). After that, the abuse of pills got worse because she was in pain and could use that to get even more . The doctor would prescribe her 90 Percocet and 90 xanax.

Eventually, she overdosed - not once, but twice. After that, her doctor refused to give them to her any more. Afterwards, my dad would get the doctor to prescribe him the pills my mom liked so he could give them to her. My family and I found out and I immediately went and spoke to their doctor on my own and he said he would stop giving them to my dad as well.

Well it's been a few years, and the pill abuse had stopped, but for the past few weeks, my mom has been back in the state of slurred speech, not sleeping - up all hours of the night, and being hateful and easily irritated. I've been dealing with my mom being this way for so long that even just the way she texts me or sounds on the phone can tell me if she's using again.

I've been to this doctor, other family members have been to this doctor...he won't stop prescribing them to my dad...I'm not sure what is left to do. I fear my mom is going to overdose and there will be no coming back from it.
Old 09-05-2017, 02:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am so sorry for what you are going through. How awful.

I would definitely call the medical board and report the doctor, or at least find out who to report the doctor to.

Other than that, there is not likely much you can do. I encourage you to have face to face support either through meetings or a counselor to help you deal with what you are going through.

Keep posting here, SR is a place of great support.

Gentle hugs!