Notices

Tired 😓

Old 09-01-2017, 09:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tired 😓

Hi , I'm 27 days sober and just staring to get very tired .. I wasn't drinking everyday by there were nights went I was drinking a bottle of wine a couple of times during the week and I knew it was becoming a problem ..
I really feel like having a drink tonight but it would defeat the purpose of staying a month sober which was my plan.. I am not full of energy like I thought I would be ..anyway just wondering if anyone has any tips to improve my energy levels ? thanks
Old 09-01-2017, 09:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by Rosa86 View Post
I really feel like having a drink tonight but it would defeat the purpose of staying a month sober which was my plan.. I am not full of energy like I thought I would be ..anyway just wondering if anyone has any tips to improve my energy levels ?
My tip would be to remain sober past your intended "month" sober plan. Seems like your body is still healing. Are you doing any exercise?

It could also have nothing to do with sobriety. Have you seen your doctor? Fatigue is a symptom of any number of things.
Old 09-01-2017, 10:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Force yourself to go for a walk. Just start walking/thinking about your life. How can you improve on it? What makes you happy?,ect...Just walk and think about "things" that booze used to hide for you. and..just walk. hang in there!
Old 09-01-2017, 10:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks 💕

I honestly fell better having just said it to someone even if it is online , I am going to try some exercise.. thankyiu all for the advice x
Old 09-01-2017, 10:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Exercise is the greatest single factor in my recovery. Start slow but get some every day.

Also, be gentle with yourself. If you're tired, get some extra rest. Your body has been through a lot and it is going to take awhile for it to recover.
Old 09-01-2017, 11:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

It does take patience, for sure. But, don't hesitate to talk to your dr if the symptom of fatigue continues.
Old 09-01-2017, 04:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Rosa
I drank a long time - it took more than a few weeks for me to get my energy back, but I did.

I hope you'll give yourself the chance to find out like I did that life is better without alcohol.

D
D