Notices

day 3

Old 08-31-2017, 10:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 3

When will the pain and guilt and panuc attacks and depression go ? I'm all alone I've managed to make everyone hate me because of my awful behaviour and now I have no one . My partner is moving out because of me and all I want is some hope that things will get better and life will be worth living again . Any one with any advice would be really grateful to hear from you . Thanks kath X
Old 08-31-2017, 10:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

As lame as this sounds; With time and work(staying sober,meetings,therapy,ect..) those thoughts/feelings slowly go away. Just like moving on from a toxic relationship. It takes time for your mind,heart and body to heal. Hang in there and know it gets better!
Old 08-31-2017, 10:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you I no time heals ,just seem to be getting worse as I get older . Am waiting for support and counselling to help me through this . I lost my parents and my family don't want to know me so just feel so so alone . I want to make amends and turn the clock back so none of this ever happened because the guilt is tearing me apart and I just want to bury my head again and go get a drink . It's not lame what you said ,I just feel I have no purpose and am not needed in this world .
Old 08-31-2017, 10:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Don't drink, work on your recovery and everything will work out the way they are supposed. But you can help your depression and anxiety by eating healthy, sleeping 8 hours, and exercising regularly. I like making a quick grateful list everyday when I wake up before getting out of bed. This helps me to look at the day in a positive light. Has helped my depression symptoms tremendously. Good luck
Old 08-31-2017, 11:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

How are you doing missyk? For me the anxiety and worry left at about day 4/5 (mostly) although I am an incredibly anxious person anyway. The best way we can prove to people we are sorry is to remain sober and work on ourselves, unfortunately no one can turn the clock back but we can change the future x
Old 08-31-2017, 12:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Learning to Live

Hi Missyk. Are you working any program? AA sure might help you in dealing with the guilt and regret you mentioned. I know it has been helping me.
Old 08-31-2017, 12:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear you are in pain Missyk. If you are very alone I do think it is important to connect with someone to help you with this addiction. AA, a counsellor or reaching out to friend who might understand. You won't feel this bad forever but getting sober is the only way to move forward.
Take care of yourself.
Old 08-31-2017, 12:19 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone ,I am waiting for adaction to give me an appointment at, really hope it won't be much longer. I'm determined not to drink it's the panuc and anxiety that I'm riddled with that not used to dealing with without a drink and with the stress of a breakup I just feel so weak ,like I don't even no myself . I'm scared of the symptoms of the alcohol withdrawal they seem to go up and down down down ,and because I am now having to face being alone I'm quite honestly terrified . I haven't been able to sleep much or eat not through trying because of all this so I no that's not helping me . But I will try and be more positive I'm just truly heartbroken atm and I've no one to blame but myself . I will do the writing ,sorry I can't remember all your names but thank you all for your response Xx
Old 08-31-2017, 12:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi miss you I know how you feel. I'm on day 4 and been tearful fearful scared self pitying all day. I know time will pass and it will improve.

There is loads of support on sr.you are not alone.
Old 08-31-2017, 12:58 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Missyk View Post
Thank you I no time heals ,just seem to be getting worse as I get older . Am waiting for support and counselling to help me through this . I lost my parents and my family don't want to know me so just feel so so alone . I want to make amends and turn the clock back so none of this ever happened because the guilt is tearing me apart and I just want to bury my head again and go get a drink . It's not lame what you said ,I just feel I have no purpose and am not needed in this world .
I can sense your frustration,dear. I can't promise you that getting and staying sober will fix ALL of your problems,or that new one's don't happen in sobriety,but most do get better and manageable within sobriety. Look at it this way; You know how utterly selfish you've been while being an active addict? Turn THAT focus on NOT drinking for a while(EVER!!!) and those people/amends/things/ECT... mostly come around. You'll also drop some 'dead weight' (fake f'n "friends") in the process..remember that and don't drink over it. Hang in there!
Old 08-31-2017, 01:02 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
under new management

Originally Posted by Missyk View Post
I just feel I have no purpose and am not needed in this world .
It may feel like this right now, but it is absolutely not true. You do have a purpose and you are needed in this world

Your post really touched my heart Missyk. I want you to know that I believe you are very vital to this world.

I hope you stay around and read some of the threads and do some posting. This is a very caring bunch on here and, even though it is on line and not in real life, you are never alone on SR.

I know how hard it is in the beginning but you are doing the right thing. It is hard but you CAN do this.

Old 08-31-2017, 01:02 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi missyk and any others in the first few days. The anxiety and fear are truly crippling at first but maybe look at it this way. You are ridding your body and mind of a poison and each day or hour even that you are sober is closer and closer to freedom. Freedom from the chains of active addiction and freedom of that awful sickening anxiety that comes with it. Stay strong. Post here. Read around here. Stay hydrated and rest. Sleep will come soon I promise you. You never have to go through this ever again. Pretty amazing yes? I'm sorry about your break up and the timimg may feel a little cruel but life on lifes terms is what its all about and the most important thing is to dig deep and keep going! 3 days under those circumstances is brilliant it really is! Take care of yourself
Old 08-31-2017, 02:36 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thank you to all of you nice to no I'm not so alone . I am full of self pity It's all just a bit much ,I hope I can be as strong as you all sound and soon . Mainly right now I want the horrible withdrawal symptoms to go ,just shake so much it's sends me into panic mode . By the sounds of some of your responses it should lesson day 5 onwards ?? I've been a self destruct drinker recently when things were going wrong in my relationship to blackout not a clue what is going on point where as before just drink because it hides the reality and yes really selfish n f...... hate myself for it . Always tho in my life I've seemed to have to escape from reality, alcohol is by far the worst ever thing to stop tho I feel . How do you all do it ? X
Old 08-31-2017, 03:40 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hello lovely..
How do we do it ?? One day at a time...sometimes even one hour or one minute..we do it with support and love which you find so much of here...There is always someone on here to help and listen.. You..me..everyone on here is special ..and we ALL deserve to be happy. Read everything..post ..and keep fighting. Baby steps all the way. Love P.xx
Old 08-31-2017, 10:30 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Good morning turned the lights out after quite a lot of night nurse at 2.30 up at 5 cause nightmares woke me up !!but I made it to day 4/5 can't remember,too sleepy still . Hoping the shakes won't be too bad today,seem bareable at the moment . Going to try and get on with some housework soon see if that takes my mind of things and have a nap hopefully lol..... Have a good day to all of you and thank you Xx
Old 09-01-2017, 02:10 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Do your best

Great job Missyk