Notices

11 Days...

Old 08-30-2017, 10:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

11 Days...

So, I have been sober for 11 days, and although health wise I feel great (lots of water, rest and exercise), the cravings are starting to creep back around the edges - the 'was it really that bad?' thoughts.
The way my brain tries to justify having a drink is amazing 'well you may as well have one as you have that tough work thing next week' 'you will drink again eventually so start again now'.
I am determined not too, to remain sober, to wake up tomorrow sober, but tonight it seems I am struggling after a tough day back at work.
Just wanted to say hi to everyone and see if anyone has a similar number of days under their belt?
Rebecca
Old 08-30-2017, 11:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome!! I remember that feeling. Once the craving was so bad I had to sit on my hands. I really found that a support network helped, and I joined AA for that reason. Maybe check out and see if there are any women's meetings in your area? You can google "Alcoholics Anonymous (city name)" and find some meetings. I prefer women's meetings, personally. Hang in there, it gets better!
Old 08-30-2017, 11:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

Hi Rebecca. I don't think there's one of us who hasn't had cravings no matter how far you're into recovery. But it does get easier to dismiss them. You're doing great with 11 days. I found that you're in the time period where it's the worse. That self doubt that maybe it isn't that bad. Your rational mind knows better and just think how good you'll feel tomorrow if you don't drink today.
Old 08-30-2017, 04:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Rebecca - welcome

I think everyone has those rationalisations...I think it's important to remember that people like us really do have a problem. and that the only way to effectively deal with that problem is abstinence.

You'll find a lot of support & encouragement here

D