Notices

Sober Baseball!

Old 08-30-2017, 05:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sober Baseball!

Did you know you could go to a baseball game and not drink beer? Well, it's true. I did it on Monday. I'm pretty sure that is the only professional baseball game i have ever been to when I didn't drink beer. Saved myself about a lot of money as they charge $9 a piece for them in the stadium.

And, it was fun! I didn't even miss it after I got past seeing everyone with their freshly tapped beers walking around me. My boyfriend had a beer but at least he had the courtesy to get a crappy one so I wouldn't be jealous.
Old 08-30-2017, 01:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
No Dogma Please

I like the part about having a crappy beer so you wouldn't feel jealous. Cheap beer and wine is never what I crave. Still, could be a trigger, if it were me I'd keep an eye on it.

Glad you could enjoy the game sober! I had the same experience going to a concert, and I could actually fully remember it afterwards.
Old 08-30-2017, 08:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I had same issue, I love baseball and American football, I started going to local high school games, no beer is served, tickets are less than 5 bucks, hot dog and a Coke 3 bucks, and it supports kids not millionaire owners and players.
Old 08-30-2017, 08:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
No Dogma Please

Minor League is fun too.

They still serve beer, but it's less of a point, and there are so many kids there a lot of parents aren't drinking.
Old 08-31-2017, 05:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I was just so glad to see that it wasn't an issue for me. I thought it would be boring, because you know - baseball goes on forever. But I still really enjoyed all the between innings silliness and luckily it wasn't a pitcher showdown - lots of runs including a HR from my favorite, Adam Jones.

As far as the trigger - my BF drinks far more tempting stuff at home. I can safely say that it won't be a summer shandy that triggers me! Everyone I know drinks and I have a full liquor cabinet in my house. I also live about a block from a liquor store, so access will always be there. My life is active and social and alcohol is served everywhere, so I had to learn to be around it and not drink. I do understand that others need to completely stay away to stay sober.
Old 08-31-2017, 05:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Here in Norway they don't sell alcohol at sports stadiums, so I will be safe going to see my soccer team if I want to - even though, in the past, a game would invovle one whole day of binging, first at the fan club pub, then on the road to the stadium - and afterwards again at the pub ither to celebrate or drown the disappointment.
I haven't yet seen a game since I decided quit drinking, because the whole comeradery of the fan club was just as important to me as the actual game (my huge binge back around easter all started with this, after that I joined this forum and AA)- but next time i plan to go straight to the stadium, watch the game, and head straight home, and I figure I will be safe
Old 09-01-2017, 09:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Never drank to much at sporting events. I would get slammed at home before I went and smuggle a flask of whiskey in. I would buy one or two beers tops. Too cheap to buy any more. I just thank God I didn't kill anyone driving to and from. Good luck to u.