Notices

Update on me cause I know you want to know.

Old 08-28-2017, 04:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Southern Ga Boy

Update on me cause I know you want to know.

Well. Although I have had a good run this year I still haven't quit completely. I'll quit for a few weeks and something will happen and I'll start drinking again. This is probably the first year of many where I have really tried to do something about my drinking. I would say I have decreased my drinking by at least 75%. I'm not trying to get a pat on my back. I just want to be very honest when I'm on here. To me 75% is not good enough. I want to cut it out 100% and I'm trying.
I seem to want to drink when I'm worried about something. I guess you would call it anxiety. The drinking really knocks it out. (Temporary) I know it is a temp fix but it helps me get by. I also take medicine to help quit drinking but I'll stop taking it so I can drink in a few days. It's the medicine that gets you sick when you drink. I know when I take one pill I can't drink for at least 4 days without getting sick. I know this for a fact. Anyways I guess that's enough for now. Everybody have a good day!
Old 08-28-2017, 04:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
2/2016

It took me several tries to finally quit. Keep trying. What else are you doing? Have you gotten any support locally?
Old 08-28-2017, 07:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
nez

Hi Wizzooo. I don't how the 75%/25% feels for you, but I know how a similar scenario was for me the last year of my drinking. It was hell! It was actually worse than when I was 100% drinking because it was such a constant battle to not drink. True there was some respite, but the vast majority of the time I was miserable.

It took a long time to get through my rock hard head, but I have finally realized that the best way for me to deal with my problems is to work through them; not around them, not avoid them them, not tomorrow; but today and through them. When I do that, they only crop up in my rear view mirror and I can happily wave good bye as I continue on my way.

I finally decided on that approach 14 years ago and haven't had a drink since and the real miracle is that today I am usually happy, joyous, and free instead of miserable. Sure I encounter bumps in the road, but now I know what to do. :~)
Old 08-28-2017, 07:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Pick yourself up...dust yourself off....keep your head high...and don't be hard on yourself! Today is a new day. Good Luck!
Old 08-28-2017, 11:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wizzooo View Post
I seem to want to drink when I'm worried about something. I guess you would call it anxiety.
yes, many do call it anxiety without looking at what it really is- fear.
so, worrying keeps fear happening.
drinking doesnt take fear away.

how about looking at solutions to whatever you have fear over?
how about looking at the root cause of the fear- what it is that is effecting you?