Notices

First night

Old 08-26-2017, 11:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First night

Ok so here goes , I'm getting ready for my first alcohol free night out. I'm taking the car , no interest in having a drink but from time to time my av says just get your husband to drop you off . It'll be crap being sober with all your friends getting hammered. Have one or two. The thing is though I have a greater desire to feel well tomorrow morning. I don't want to waste the day in bed dying sick. I want to get up early and do my errands get back and have a nice Sunday dinner. That's my goal and focus for now. And if it is a crap night I'll just get in the car and come home. No problem. Wish me luck !
Have a good Saturday night everyone!
Old 08-26-2017, 12:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Being early morning here in Australia and waking up clear headed, no hangover and excited about what I am going to do today is a great feeling. You will be feeling much the same in a few hours I expect
Old 08-26-2017, 03:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Charli- have you thought that perhaps not going might be the better option? No booze to be tempted by, you will not be responsible for others- as you have a car and may get dragged around on pub-crawls and you will know you will NOT have a crap night. Any case- drinking IS crap- on so many levels.
Old 08-26-2017, 03:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

let us know how you get on Charli.

D
Old 08-26-2017, 09:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I love clear headed, well rested mornings! I play music tomorrow morning and my cousin is coming to watch for the first time. No hangover makes it positive, if I was drinking I would dread it and miss out on a fun moment!
Old 08-27-2017, 12:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi there,
So last night was absolutely fine. I had a great time chatting and laughing with friends. I really wanted to go to this event because it was a charity thing. I stayed till 12 and gave 2 friends a ride home. I was very proud of myself when I was getting into bed without the spins! Up this morning at 7am and just sitting on the patio sipping my coffee. TBH it was kind of strange to see people getting wasted and acting the fool who are very reserved (work colleagues) I probably wouldn't have noticed had I been drinking too. Sorry to be so annoying but I feel amazing this morning! I went and I conquered and I'm sure I could do it again.
Old 08-27-2017, 12:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Awesome ! Well done and now you got whole day too look forward too without a stinking hangover and regrets 👍🏻😊
Old 08-27-2017, 12:37 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

That's awesome. Thank you for posting. Posts like this give me inspiration and hope that everything will be alright. Enjoy your day!
Old 08-27-2017, 01:06 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Great work, Charli.
Old 08-27-2017, 01:17 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Youre not annoying at all charli massive well done to you.feeling proud of yourself is the best feeling ever and you deserve it x
Old 08-27-2017, 03:55 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Old 08-27-2017, 04:37 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Great job Charli! You deserve to feel proud and it's a great place to share your accomplishments here!
I went to a music festival last weekend with hubs and friends, and the best feeling was spending the entire night around a lot of booze and sticking to my sparkling water. I was completely in control, and actually ended up having more fun that I normally would have if drinking!
Woke up the next morning and was able to cuddle my baby and have coffee and just feel gratitude.

Thanks for sharing your great experience
Old 08-27-2017, 06:12 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Nice job! Stay vigilant our AV is sneaky and will want to ambush at some point. One is too many!!
Old 08-27-2017, 07:21 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Charli23 View Post
Ok so here goes , I'm getting ready for my first alcohol free night out. I'm taking the car , no interest in having a drink but from time to time my av says just get your husband to drop you off . It'll be crap being sober with all your friends getting hammered. Have one or two. The thing is though I have a greater desire to feel well tomorrow morning. I don't want to waste the day in bed dying sick. I want to get up early and do my errands get back and have a nice Sunday dinner. That's my goal and focus for now. And if it is a crap night I'll just get in the car and come home. No problem. Wish me luck !
Have a good Saturday night everyone!
Fantastic...that is exactly how I started my sober life. My thoughts were the same as yours. ...i started everything with I don't want to ....... It worked, I am now over 60 days sober and have no desire to go back to that horrid feeling and life. Good luck you can do this!
Old 08-27-2017, 09:12 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Old 08-27-2017, 09:19 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Learning to Live

Not annoying at all Charli, thank you for sharing!