Old 08-26-2017, 06:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I think this may work, MAYA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7OIgeQscik

Old 08-26-2017, 08:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'll be honest, I was disappointed by this.

The question was whether 12 step programs are effective, I think? I don't really remember, because the guy went off on a tangent about feminism, the fed, racism. It seemed like he had an agenda and would have used any conversation as a vehicle for it.

I was also pretty offended when he said people have to lack empathy in order to divorce, because it's so hard on the children. This seemed really inappopriate, considering the conversation was about addiction. I stayed in my marriage out of selfishness. I divorced out of empathy for my children.

I found it strange that when the addict said he was raped, the first question was if it was interracial rape.

When he finally got around to answering the question, that left me wanting, too. The study he cited showed that people who stayed in AA had better recovery rates than those who didn't, but he tried to liken this to other diseases which naturally go away in time. Addiction is not like that. It's very rarely something people just get over.

If this was helpful to you, I suppose that's good. I just find it a bit dangerous. He seems to be pinning all the blame for people's addictions on baby boomers. That can be so detrimental to an addict, who is already looking for ways to not be held accountable.