Notices

Crypty McCrypt

Old 08-24-2017, 07:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Crypty McCrypt

Yeahyeahyeah, I know y'all think I'm morally reprehensible n' shiz. I told my mom what I was doing the day before and she was not pleased, but I did it anyways. Was not too impressed by the crypt. It was basically a storage area. Chairs, some christmas stuff, books, not too interesting.

Someone saw me at the bus stop and gave me a lift to AA. Then that same guy gave me a brand new copy of the big book. So I have this book now. I can't wait to read a book about how horrible I am. Yay.
Old 08-24-2017, 08:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Loving your work, Vulturine. Thanks.
Old 08-24-2017, 08:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Whatever. I'm a certain type of poster. We exist, just not in the way y'all find comfortable.
Old 08-24-2017, 08:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ok. Well, I mean, do you want any help?

Because if you don't want to accept help, then there's not very much we can do.
Old 08-24-2017, 08:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by vulturine View Post
I can't wait to read a book about how horrible I am. Yay.
breaking news: the big book wont show you how horrible you are.
but it will show how sick you are.
and the great news it will show you the solutions. it will show you all of the promises that can materialize as a result of working the steps.
IF you want them and are willing to work for them.

i hope you want them and become willing to work for them.
Old 08-24-2017, 09:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by vulturine View Post
Whatever. I'm a certain type of poster. We exist, just not in the way y'all find comfortable.
What "we" find comfortable is irrelevant/unimportant to the mission of this community. What you do about your problems is very relevant for your life though. And remember that while this is an open/caring/sharing community there are some ground rules we all have to follow regardless of "what kind" of people we are.
Old 08-24-2017, 10:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

You don't make me uncomfortable in any way, however, this is a moderated board with rules.

And, I don't remember anything in the Big Book that would tell you how bad you are. I hope you work on your recovery.
Old 08-24-2017, 10:29 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Recognizes the Beast

The first step of getting better is wanting to get better.
Old 08-24-2017, 11:58 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

so your last post was all about how you just HAD to get in there, you made it into such a big deal.

and you got chairs.

i hope you can learn something out of that. it would sure help if you would stop making a mockery out of everything and show at least some respect...........
Old 08-24-2017, 12:01 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

So you chose to break into the church crypt after all the advise you were given on why NOT to. May I ask you WHY exactly are you on this site?? I am rather confused. Does this supposedly have something to do with addiction??
Old 08-24-2017, 04:01 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I once read a book about how horrible I was. It belonged to the former Mrs Saoutchik and was called " Diary"
Old 08-24-2017, 04:04 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

I identified lot with the stories in the BB - not because they reminded me of my horribleness - far from it - but their stories really resonated with me - I found many many points of commonality

I thought if they can do it, so can I

D
Old 08-24-2017, 04:11 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I'd love to break into the building where they choose the winning lottery numbers. Perhaps make some changes so the lottery would workout in my favor. But thats just me.
Old 08-26-2017, 11:27 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

The Big Book showed me that I wasn't the special snowflake I thought I was - some people might find that scary or horrible I suppose as it kinda takes some excuses away. BUT it gives something far better than special-snowflakishness. Hope! That there was a way to change so I didn't have to go round alternately shoving it in peoples face that I was horrible and was going to say / do / think horrible things regardless of them, and then feeling lonely as hell, nursing my persecution-complex because I felt so not-enough. That's just me though.

Anyway..... I thought of this thread in the week - I'd stopped for coffee in this fairly normal (bit grotty looking from the outside, but fine one I was in) cafe, and they had a sign saying that you could sit upstairs, OR go sit downstairs in their 12th century crypt. I went down and had a look and the guy running the place came down as well. He was telling me the little they know about it. He showed me some remains of very old paint under a light which he reckons was put there to show that it was a safe hiding place when Oliver Cromwell and his men were rampaging the city in the 1600s. He showed me the blocked up archway that they say would once have led to other parts of the cathedral. Apparently when the city was hit by a disease (black death around 1360s) there were so many bodies with 40 - 50% of the population being wiped out, that they only stored the minimum percentage that they HAD to. This worked out to be the skull and left arm. So that's what they put down there. Years and years later someone came along and found all those bones expecting whole skeletons but it was just arms and heads.

It was a pretty cool room - even though it was allowed and lit and all. If I ever have a party for anything (doubtful) I intend for it to be there. Afternoon tea in the crypt.

BB