Legal strategy

Old 08-23-2017, 08:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Legal strategy

I am still pondering last Friday's meeting and trying to process it. This was a required meeting b
Old 08-23-2017, 08:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Before court. The lawyer and my ex came in all aggressive and tried to steamroll me into accepting the minimum offer. They were obnoxious condescending and aggressive. Is this a tactic they planned on before the meeting?? My lawyer kept bringing them back to the numbers. No judge here... Nothing was accomplished. I guess he is just trying to delay the inevitable. Do you think this was a planned modus operandi in the hopes I would have?
Old 08-23-2017, 09:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A work in progress

No clue--my own take is that your ex was being the same jerk he always is, and some lawyers act this way on a regular basis. They're the kind who give the profession a bad name. There's nothing wrong with a lawyer's acting formal/professional and "cool" to the opposition (as opposed to friendly), but acting like a jerk is a different story.
Old 08-23-2017, 09:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It's just a step. I would say yes, trying to bully you. Jerk.

Lets see him act that way in front of a judge!

Hugs to you!
Old 08-23-2017, 09:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

When his lawyer came in the room,he stuck his open hand about an inch in front of my nose...really. I batted his hand away...it felt like an instinct.
Old 08-23-2017, 09:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

UGH - I can relate!

My STBXAH's lawyer writes horrible things about me in EMAIL to my lawyer. When filing my first petition to restrict parenting time after my STBXAH showed up smelling of booze for parenting time, the lawyer told me I should read the book "Give a mouse a cookie." REALLY?! me? It was so baffling as I could say the same thing about my STBXAH...seriously, it was maddening.....

Anyway, I am so sorry you had to deal with aggressive behavior not just from your exAH but also his lawyer. I think it is EXTREMELY unprofessional and just wrong. And I am sure it is still bothering you because you're a kind and compassionate person.

Sending you good thoughts.