Notices

New here :)

Old 08-18-2017, 03:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New here :)

Hi am new here and have decided to stop drinking here's how it all started was in a relationship for 5years witch came to a end couple months ago that's when I started drinking to block things out started binge drinking then would drink every second day went on for 5 months day after drinking I started getting severe anxiety attacks witch would last the full day I already suffer from general anxiety disorder but had it under control and getting depressed so went to doctors told him they have gave me a ssri to start taking I haven't took any yet. Will I have withdrawal symptoms from the alcohol? Thanks in advance
Old 08-18-2017, 04:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for the reply well every second/third night would have 2bottles of wine 12units each so that would be 24units a would have
Old 08-18-2017, 08:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

hey welcome scottish lad from scottish lass well i live in scotland but im not a true scottish lass lol

Best idea for you is to go to your gp and tell them how much your drinking and they will advise how best to come off alcohol. you say 24units per time? well its normaly only 14 units per week so if you was like me and i was taking pretty much that and more most nights is you could still suffer from withdrawals x

good luck hun x
Old 08-18-2017, 08:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Withdrawals from alcohol are unpredictable and can be dangerous. If you are concerned, please talk to your dr. He can advise you. Does your dr know you are not taking the medication he prescribed? As for the anxiety, it should bother you less once you have stopped drinking.